At the heart disease - wide distributionmast cells in the tissues of the body where the skin applies. Adults - both women and men - are subject mastocytosis equally. Children under two years of age, the diagnosis is most often - 75% of cases of child 100. Introduced in mastocytosis usually disappears without a trace in 11-13 years, and to treat it is not necessary. Those who are faced with the disease in adulthood, was less fortunate: serious systemic forms of mastocytosis (namely those sometimes develop in adults) alone is not "dissolve".
Why there mastocytosis
The causes of the disease have not yet beenclarified. Moreover, the question of how it is developing mastocytosis, scientists can not answer too. There is, however, suggested that mast cell activity increases due to specific destruction of chromosomes, that is at the basis of the disease is a hereditary factor. Here are the majority of cases mastocytosis such cases were observed in the family, so that the question of the origin of the disease remains open.
The forms of the disease
To confirm the diagnosis, "mastocytosis" doctorstudies clinical skin lesions. Primarily carried Unna Darrieus-test that is stimulated portion of the patient to determine whether there will be a response to mechanical impact or no bubbles. When a positive response and a single mastocytoma additional research is not carried out. In multiple mastocytoma doctor will continue examination of the patient.
The blood of a patient suffering from mastocytosis, exhibit high levels of mast cell tryptase and histamine (their metabolic products).
In some cases a biopsysuspicious tissue scrapings and histological analysis. If your doctor suggests that the disease affected the condition of internal organs, he appoints an x-ray of bones, ultrasound and endoscopic examinations.
Treatment of mastocytosis
In the absence of data on the factors that causeis a disease-specific procedures of its treatment are not created, and the condition of patients corrected by symptomatic therapy. The main goal of treatment - to reduce the activity of mast cells. To do this, the patient is prescribed:
- Antiallergic drugs: Tavegil, Diazolin, Suprastin and others.
- Drugs, active substances which stabilize cell membranes malicious tone.
- PUVA therapy if antihistamines are not welcomebring the expected result. This procedure allows to achieve a significant reduction of number of spots on the skin. For this purpose 25 sessions carried out with a single dose of 5 J / cm ?.
- The systemic form of the disease inhibit cytotoxic drugs, and anti-bullous mastocytosis well established corticosteroids.
- Thoroughly diseased spleen may remove. Sometimes surgically cut out individual large mastocytoma.
Mastocytosis and traditional medicine
Our site shares with his readers useful popular recipes to improve the condition of the skin that is affected by mastocytosis:
- a handful of mistletoe leaves dry and chop. Fill the "cure" a glass of cold boiled water and let it brew for a day. The next day the infusion is filtered and drink for 1 time. Take 1 times a day for 10 days;
- Prepare the tea brew nettle leaves, lemon balmlemon, peppermint and rose hip berries. Volumes and proportions of raw materials in its sole discretion choose, given that the volume of nettle should be equal to the total amount of the other elements;
- Prepare a remedy combining and mix equal quantities of honey and the juice extracted from the root of horseradish. Medication taken for 0.5 hours. L. 3 times a day.
Forecast disease and its prevention
As already noted, mastocytosis, whichappeared in infancy, in 95% of cases resolve spontaneously. Other forms of cutaneous mastocytosis, although it will require some correction, the quality and length of life of the patient is not affected. Systemic mastocytosis, hit the bone marrow, has a very poor prognosis.
Specific measures of prevention of the disease is not present,because the causes of its development has not yet been clarified. Relative precautions can be called moderate exposure to the sun, to prevent strong cooling or overheating, a reasonable medication. Excessive sun exposure, aggressive exposure to low or high temperatures, toxic substances, medications may trigger the development of increased activity of mast cells and, as a consequence, the emergence of mastocytosis.