Causes of child strabismus
our site found that the development of the disease contribute to several factors:
- genetic predisposition;
- premature birth or low birth weight - up to 2 kg;
- Various neuromuscular problems, for example, myasthenia gravis;
- pathology of the organs of vision;
- hyperopia, myopia, astigmatism is strong, cataract;
- Tumor formation in the area of enforcement of the visual system;
- various infectious diseases or traumatic injuries.
Types of strabismus
To take therapeutic measures should be likeIt can be used, as well as to adhere to the principles of integrated treatment. Keep in mind that the younger the child, the easier it will be to deliver him from strabismus. To solve this problem, methods are as follows:
- Optical vision correction with glasses or contact lenses helps to get rid of strabismus mild to moderate severity.
- The time limit of one working eye. Closure of healthy body using a bandage helps the patient eye work harder, making it more powerful and aligns the direction of gaze.
- Surgery is practiced then,when other methods do not bring the desired result. The operation aims to restore the balance between the work of visual muscle. It should be remembered that the early age of the child during surgical procedures significantly reduces the risk of various complications. Tactics of the intervention individually in each case, it is determined by experts after all necessary tests and determine the type and severity of the disease. A good surgeon can quickly and efficiently carry out the operation, of which the patient will see almost immediately.
Modern medical technology allowsdo not cut with a scalpel, but with the help of high-frequency radio waves. Thus, the intervention occurs almost without blood, the duration is not more than 1.5 hours, and the patient can go home after a day.
Gymnastics for the treatment of strabismus
Strabismus mild to moderate severity can be treated independently with the help of special exercises for the eyes. Let's look at them in detail:
- Raise your hand with an extended index fingerup and focus on it look. Slowly move your finger towards the nose, without taking his eyes off him. Do the same, stretched out his hand, and then down.
- Within a few minutes describe imaginary eyes eights. Then do the exercise, directing gaze downwards, upwards and to both sides.
- Sports playing outdoors, such asfootball, volleyball or tennis, also help to strengthen the eye muscles. This is because during the process the child is trying to intently watch the moving ball or frill.
- it is very important to achieve a therapeutic effect to carry out exercises regularly and for a long time.
Prevention of child strabismus
It is known that the disease is much easier to prevent than to cure it. Thus, we consider the basic rules of prevention of strabismus in a child:
- when the child in early infancy spends most of his time in bed, try not to be placed in its field of view objects, permanently attracts attention;
- All toys must be suspended from the crumbs of the eye at a distance of his arm;
- try not to make any sudden movements next to a small child;
- crumb is not accustomed to watching TV until they reach the age of three;
- the residence time of the child before the screen should be limited to 2 hours per day;
- watching TV lying posture is contraindicated;
- school-age children should get used to sit at the table with your back straight, not leaning low over the notebook or a book;
- books read by children must have a sufficiently large font;
- it is desirable not to acquaint the child with a computer before he was 8 years old;
- in the presence of a genetic predisposition to strabismus, visit an ophthalmologist should be a regular procedure;
- In some cases, the disease may develop on the background of a strong fright or trauma, so children need to be protected from similar causes strabismus.