The rate of hemoglobin and causes abnormalities
Normally, the body healthy person should contain at least 3 grams of iron, most of this component is included in the hemoglobin.
When in pregnancy, occurring in the backgroundchanges in hemoglobin level falls, we can say that her body lacks iron it. In the second and third trimesters of general need for improved and this trace is 6 mg per day. However, the caveat is that more than 3 mg of iron is not absorbed, despite adequate nutrition and vitamins, so the diagnosis of "mild anemia 'of pregnancy doctors put almost all pregnant women.
Besides lowering hemoglobin contributeexternal signs, such as adverse environmental conditions and poor quality of food consumed. If compared with the 90-mi years, now in food at times increased the number of preservatives, stabilizers and GMOs. This in turn may lead to an increase in iron deficiency anemia.
The causes of the disease may include:
- frequent blood loss;
- disease genitals: endometriosis or myoma;
- a long period of menstruation with excessive bleeding;
- an excess of amniotic fluid;
- hormonal failure, use of oral contraceptives;
- chronic illnesses occurring for a long time;
- gastric ulcer, liver and intestines, preventing the normal absorption of iron;
- an unbalanced diet;
- the age of the pregnant woman under 18 and over 30.
When a multiple pregnancy also raisesiron requirement. The risk and those women whose pregnancy occurred earlier than 4 years after the first birth. This is due to the fact that during the period of gestation and breastfeeding woman's body loses up to 900 mg of iron, and the long time required to restore this balance.
The degree of anemia
Anemia is treated exclusively under the supervision ofdoctor, because there are so many drugs, harmless for a woman but have side effects on the baby. Medications to increase hemoglobin levels differ in iron and other components. By indications artisan can assign capsules, tablets or injections, but the latter may cause the appearance of serious side effects.
The period of treatment lasting anemia, hemoglobinIt starts to rise only after a 3-week course, and a full recovery can occur after 10 weeks. Stopping treatment is not recommended, as you need to complete a full course, and even for six months after birth supportive therapy should be continued.
Meals for anemia
Half of success in the treatment of anemia in pregnancy is a system of proper nutrition expectant mother. In your daily diet it is recommended to include foods high in iron:
- chicken, pork and beef liver;
- cereals, such as buckwheat, oats, millet, rice and barley;
- a fish;
- fresh herbs;
- apples, peaches, gooseberries, cherries, persimmons, strawberries, apricots;
- cabbage, carrots, tomatoes, and beets;
- pasta from durum wheat;
- chicken eggs.
You should know that the assimilation and absorption of iron interfere with sausages, fatty meat, margarine.
Power for anemia should be balanced, are playing a major role substances such as:
- Vitamin C - a natural antioxidant that promotes the absorption of iron;
- E - protects the placenta from the negative impact of a variety of factors;
- folic acid taken to prevent anemia;
- lack of B6 and B12 leads to anemia.
Before you buy in a drugstore or that complex of vitamins, you need to consult your gynecologist, who is pregnant.
Complications of anemia
Low hemoglobin can cause serious consequences for the health of the pregnant woman and adversely affect the prenatal development of the child.
Anemia 2 or 3 stages capable lead to the following complications:
- late preeclampsia due to violations of protein metabolism;
- placental insufficiency;
- detachment of the placenta;
- birth prematurely;
- excessive bleeding during childbirth;
- inactive labors;
- lowering of immunity and complications after the birth of the child;
- difficult period of lactation.
Directly during pregnancy sharp drop in hemoglobin levels can lead to:
- stop the growth of the fetus;
- malformations in the baby.
Prevention of anemia
Anemia iron deficiency on the background - it is extremelydangerous disease, it is particularly dangerous for pregnant women. It is not always only one power can cure the disease, necessarily need to follow the doctor's recommendations.
Thus, as mentioned above, fedpatients with anemia should be balanced, must be present foods high in iron and other components in the menu required for normal pregnancy.
It is desirable even for 2 months before conception beginEncapsulated oral iron (60 mg) and folic acid (250 mg). Plus, the good food and a good rest in the fresh air help to restore the level of hemoglobin in the blood.
Unfortunately, such a measure as hemoglobinwe used to ignore or assume that we will not touch problems with its deficit. Today, however, it is so common problem that doctors simply insist that each of us remembered it.
If you suffer from frequent blood loss,moved several operations in a row, or recovering from childbirth, listen to your body and hand over a blood test. Remember, the timely treatment of anemia will protect you from unpleasant consequences of this disease.