Why jaw clicks and as it happens
If you open your mouth wide and then close my jawyou will surely feel the click. Most often, it is not painful, and certainly enjoyable to call it pretty hard. Yet, this is a normal process that everyone experiences. The result is that there is clicking, you ask? So, this is the sound of the jaw joint, after slipping out of the joint capsule, move in any direction, and then his head back in the proper place. Such natural bias is called subluxation, but more often simply referred to as sprains. In addition to the clicking, the joint may crunch, while causing painful spasms. It should be noted that the clicking occurs frequently during chewing, singing, opening or closing the mouth. That is, this symptom occurs when certain operations of the motor. Doctors who specialize in the field of pathology temporomandibular joint, jaw clicking regard as sufficiently serious symptom and often carefully eyeing the issue. Among other things, they take into account the presence of chronic headaches and other associated symptoms. The man in whom these symptoms are seen, to diagnose because often such "pustyachkovaya" item points to serious illnesses, such as osteoarthritis temporomandibular joint. In addition to this disease, there are a number of reasons why clicks jaw. Among them:
- stress. To be more precise, constant or severe stress, which is a consequence of the fact that the muscles around the temporomandibular joint spasmodically contract and provoke clicking;
- vocal activity, professional recitation of poetry, oratory performances before the public. Incidentally, the latter often causes the clicking of the jaw in children of secondary school age;
- Error dental profile. For example, often the clicking of the jaw occurs due to poorly sanded seal, which distorts the bite, or the presence of dental prostheses that have been incorrectly fitted during installation;
- after dental procedure, which lasted more than three hours with his mouth wide open;
- injury to the jaw joint area;
- constant physical exertion, because of which there is over-voltage;
- creaking teeth during sleep (bruxism);
- advanced stage caries and etc.
Very often the above reasons and causesother unpleasant symptoms. Often, it is the area of swelling around the affected joint, pain during chewing, redness, facial nerve spasm, pain during conversation and other similar movements. It is worth noting that if a person ignores the clicking of the jaw, then the appearance of one of these signs of our site recommends immediate medical attention.
Types clicking of the jaw
Interestingly, the jaw clicks differently. In medicine, there is even a special classification of this symptom. It identified three main points: the sound intensity, a plurality of clicks, the position of the mouth at the moment of the sound. Sound intensity, in turn, is divided into:
- intensive. When the sound is heard not only the "owner" clicks, but also others;
- little intense. When others do not hear the sound, but the man himself feels it;
- do not perceive. If you think that in this case, clicking does not pose a threat, you're wrong. Just in this case, the disease is much more difficult to identify, it can only be diagnosed by a qualified physician finger joint inspection through the outer ear canal.
As for the second classification - Multiple clicks, everything is much easier. Differ single and multiple clicks of the jaw joint, depending on the position of the cartilage disc.
Depending on the position of the mouth, jaw clicks come in several forms:
- those that occur at the beginning of motion when opening the mouth;
- When the sound comes from incomplete opening of the mouth;
- clicks occurred in a wide opening of the mouth;
- those who were initially closing the mouth;
- when connecting the lower and upper jaw.
Globally classification clicks depending onthe position of the mouth, can be divided into those that occur when opening the mouth, and those that appear when you close it. In the first case, it is often indicative of the changes that have occurred due to the developing mandibular arthritis. This disease affects primarily joint cartilage layer - the meniscus leads to the following changes:
- the depletion layer of the cartilage of the joint;
- thickening due to tumors;
- flabby cartilage layer of fibers;
- cartilage merging with joint head.
When you close the mouth a person may also feelclicking. It most often occurs as a result of sagging cartilage layer of fibers. It is also one of the reasons the clicking at the closing of the jaw - overbite or imperfect dental procedures.
What if the clicks jaw
If the clicking of the jaw causes you to have a specialdiscomfort, our website is strongly recommended to see a doctor. Nor rarely help exercises that moves the contact point between the upper and lower jaws. One of them looks like this: slowly pull forward the lower jaw so that the lower row of teeth located in front of the top. Do the exercise 10-15 times before eating. It is noteworthy that this manipulation will not only help get rid of the clicking, and wean from the habit of teeth grinding. You can also do this exercise by moving left and right lower jaw.
In addition our site recommends againstsolid food. If you hear when opening or closing the mouth a click, give up for a while biting on fresh fruits and vegetables. It is better to cut these foods into pieces before serving. Also avoid stress and emotions, because these factors rarely cause this symptom.
In any case, hike to a specialist is inevitable. Only he can correctly identify the cause of the clicking, the appropriate treatment or prevention of this problem.