In the carriage of injured or ill mustremember that the most important thing - not to worsen his condition and does not cause additional injury. Those who prefer to transport patients in the home, primarily lay a huge responsibility. They act imprudently, as transport the injured or lying sick in the ordinary and unequipped car can cause additional injury. Not to mention the fact that the deterioration of the condition of the patient, will not be able to provide him with the necessary medical care. Transportation of the sick and injured, as a rule, carried out a paid ambulance or special transportation services.
Types of patients transportation
Transportation of patients is of two types: emergency and routine.
Emergency transport of patients is carried out asTypically, an injury or exacerbate disease. It implies an urgent admission to the hospital (for example, if the patient does not want to go to the hospital profile and prefers to be treated in the community or in the hospital attached). For emergency transportation of patients is necessary to call an ambulance, which is equipped with special equipment to maintain the vital functions of the human body, and in which there is a specialized team.
By planning the transport of the need to includetake the patient to be examined and back. As well as possible the planned transportation of the patient to other relatives or friends who are willing to provide assistance in caring for the sick, the need to take the patient to the train station, the airport, another city, etc.
Preparation of the patient to be transported
Not only for the patient, but even for a healthy person transported in an ambulance for hours is a very severe test, which should be well prepared.
Below are instructions to be carried out for the transport of the patient before he is moved to an ambulance.
- Make sure the patient's state of health: measure his blood pressure, make sure that it does not care what he's all right with the heart.
- Tell the patient about the need for security and transportation. Try to make it so that the patient is nervous and was not emotionally excited.
- Before transporting the tightly try not to feed the patient, to avoid nausea or vomiting when you carry or transport a patient.
- Prepare patient for personal hygiene, he needed medicines; do not forget your passport and medical records, which can be useful to the patient.
- Before the arrival of the car, which will carry out the transport, you need to empty the bladder and intestine of the patient; where possible, put on the patient's diapers.
- In winter, prepare the garment, but do not wear it on the patient, as long as it has been inspected on-site doctor.
Transportation of the patient
- The most practical and safe way to considercarrying of a patient on a stretcher soft. When descending the stairs - the patient endure feet forward when lifting - head first. Even if you think this method is wrong, we should not interfere and give their advice team, which will implement the carrying of the patient to the ambulance. Usually, for lowering or lifting the patient on the floor it requires two or three people, but if the patient weighs more than 100 kg, you can offer help.
- The ambulance, the patient should be given aa comfortable position and fasten it to the belt stretcher. Thereafter, the bag can be put to the patient things so that they do not interfere with the doctor and not closed passages.
- While driving you can not drink or feedpatient. If it does become necessary when transporting patients receiving food, medicine or water - you need to see a doctor, in order that it has instructed to stop the car.
- Relatives who accompany the patient during transport, should hold on to the handrails, are available in the car.
- Do not interfere with the doctors listen carefully to all of their recommendations for observation and care.
- Note that if the patient's condition serious, outgoing physician is fully entitled not to take accompanying in an ambulance.
Note that the servicesTransport of patients are quite expensive. If you still find inexpensive transportation for the patient, then you probably see released in the last century car, maybe even a foreign language, but written off abroad. No you will not guarantee the availability of all necessary medicines and equipment, not to mention the medical staff. The doctor, who will go to the patient, should have all the necessary knowledge and skills, and it must be specially prepared (to have all the necessary certificates and licenses). The vehicle must be equipped with all necessary equipment, etc. Weigh all the "pros" and "cons", or cheap transportation can be very expensive for the patient's health.