Alopecia (alopecia), alopecia (baldness)
It characterized by the appearance on the scalphead rounded shape bald spots prone to peripheral growth and mergers until the complete loss of all hair. Among the many factors causing the disease are isolated congenital predisposition, various diseases and stress emotsionnalnye. Hair with alopecia areata as if the life of their own, leaving the head and back as they please. Restores the hair is usually thin and non-pigmented, and only then they get a normal color and texture.
Alopecia areata may be suspected if:
- against the background of full health the patient begins to lose hair
- Color prolysiny appear, usually in the form of a well-defined community (including merging with each other).
- within a short time there is a massive loss of hair, sometimes up to complete baldness.
- hair loss sometimes occurs in other parts of the body.
- the patient says it had already happened before, but it took itself.
Signs of Alopecia areata
The first signs of the disease manifest themselves inmostly aged 15-25 years of age or children. In 10-25% of cases the disease has a family background. The most interesting thing is that people do not feel anything. Foci alopecia gradually increased, sometimes even merge with one another. Hair in these areas are thin, twisted, sometimes reminiscent of a question mark. Such hair effortlessly pulled out by the root. The skin surface in areas where hair fell markedly paler than the one where the hair remained.
Alopecia areata usually starts with the neck. Hair can fall out almost completely, leaving a small island. Often when alopecia areata deformed nails.
Causes of Alopecia areata
It is now believed that there are a numbergenes which, if any, make a person more susceptible to alopecia areata. The trigger, apparently, are the external factors, but the degree of damage, and the character of the resistance to treatment is determined by the presence and interaction of several genes.
The trigger signal for the development of alopecia areata are:
- mental stress. This hypothesis is only statistically confirmed. Rather stress can be regarded as the external factor that triggers alopecia areata in predisposed individuals.
- physical trauma. There are many examples of how physical trauma triggers the development of alopecia areata. It is assumed that any event that stimulates the immune system, whether it is a blow to the head or the infection may be a potential cause of the disease.
- infection. There are cases of hair loss after infectious diseases, including skin.
- genetic predisposition.
Treatment of focal alopecia
Unfortunately, universal tools and methodsalopecia areata treatment exists. Hair resilience even after many years of illness. In some cases, hair is restored only at a constant treatment. Sometimes it is possible very rapid hair restoration.
- treat the entire surface of the head, not just the affected area.
- we should not expect any positive changes earlier than three months after the start of treatment.
- It promotes hair growth vitamins prophylactic, in severe cases, injections of vitamin B.
- an important role in the treatment efficiency plays a psychological factor.
- permanent treatment increases the chance of permanent hair growth, although some lesions may appear and then disappear again.
Some methods of treating alopecia areata in which hair restoration possible:
- nonspecific stimuli and irritants that cause contact dermatitis - they provoke an inflammatory reaction around the hair follicles, which distracts from the follicle immune cells.
- steroids, hormonal drugs prescribed by a physician. All of them produce more or less severe side effects often associated with hair loss.
- direct effect on the hair follicles - penetrating drugs.
In this disease, all methods which providetemporary hair restoration are essential. Since neither cause loss or causes of spontaneous hair restoration with alopecia areata has not been fully clarified, any factors, including psychogenic must be taken into account. Unexpectedly, they can lead to improved condition and even cure. Hair transplantation with alopecia areata usually only worsens the situation and does not help (unlike androgenic alopecia) as alopecia areata may be linked with the general state of the immune and nervous system and psyche.
In the treatment of patchy baldness spendmicroscopic examination of hair of the patient and, depending on its structure, necessary medications prescribed. With the help of special devices studied condition of your hair follicles and scalp.
In alopecia areata, hair may recover, even after several years of the disease. However, incurable cases still are.
In this issue, the greatest impact on the condition of the hair and scalp have:
- vitamins A, B1, B6, C, B12, B5, B2
- trace sulfur (S), aluminum (Al), silicon (Si), manganese (Mn), zinc (Zn), copper (Cu), iodine (I)