Ceramic veneer - a thin lining, thickness 0.5-0.7 mm covering the front surface of the tooth.
Veneers are used to improve the appearance of teeth, which are partly discolored, Easterly, chipped, or have the wrong position.
With porcelain veneers, you can:
- Restore congenital and acquired defects in tooth enamel; flyuoroznye spots; tetracycline teeth; Teeth darkened as a result of trauma or root canal treatment by the old methods;
- Correct formed in chipped teeth;
- Correct an irregular shape of the teeth;
- Restore installed, and discolored old fillings;
- Correct the presence of gaps between teeth (diastema, trema).
Production of veneers
The process of making porcelain veneers requires two visits to the dentist.
- On the front surface of the tooth enamel layer is removed 0.5 mm thick.
- Removed casts of teeth.
- Select a shade of the veneer similar to the adjacent teeth.
- On the prepared tooth set a temporary veneer.
- These molds are sent to the dental laboratory.
- In the laboratory, a dental technician pours plaster model - a replica of the patient's teeth.
- On the plaster model is made veneer.
During the second visit, the veneer on the tooth set special dental cement.
What good dental veneers
- Pottery is the most aesthetically pleasing and biocompatible material to perform dental restorations.
- They have a natural and long-lasting color.
- Ideal optical reflective effectsimilar to enamel. Porcelain veneers have full transparency. Light incident on the surface of the ceramic veneer may penetrate to a certain depth inside the ceramic, and then reflected from dental tissues. Therefore, the ceramic veneer is no different from the adjacent teeth.
- Porcelain veneers are resistant to staining. On the surface of the veneer stain does not happen.
- Porcelain veneers have a typical porcelain strength, which allows you to change the shape of the teeth.
- Porcelain veneers have excellent biocompatibility with the tissues of the gums. Ceramic surface less accumulated plaque.
- Porcelain veneers have a high resistance to abrasion and wear.