Cough - a protective reflex, which has a hugevalue for the purification of bronchial mucus, dust and smoke particles. In diseases of the respiratory system Cough prevents the accumulation of mucus in the airways and the development of infections and improves bronchial patency and serves as prevention of atelectasis. Coughing occurs when natural mechanisms of cleansing the bronchial tree can not cope with its function when too much mucus, when the movement of the cilia of ciliated epithelium and updrafts not take away from the inflammation of the bronchi products.
A cough is a useful reflex and therefore atlung diseases need to take all measures to strengthen the mechanisms of purification bronchopulmonary system by means of optimizing the cough. Undoubtedly, the first place are drugs that increase the bronchial secretions, thinning phlegm, expand the bronchi. But except of drugs cough treatment should include non-drug methods.
Drug-free methods "bronchial hygiene", used in traditional medicine:
- drainage position;
- manual percussion and vibration;
- active breathing technique;
- hardware techniques support the natural cleansing mechanisms of the bronchi.
This technique is used in hospitals and requires special devices. In recent years, such devices is increasing.
- Breathing apparatus with positive pressure breathing.
- Devices with positive inspiratory pressure and high intrapulmonary oscillation.
- Devices with intrapulmonary percussive ventilation.
- Devices with an external mechanical percussion (tapping).
Postural drainage or position - is the most well-known technique to improve sputum discharge, suitable for home use.
Before you begin to drain for 30 minutes before it should take expectorant drugs, and, if necessary, and bronchodilators drugs.
Actually postural drainage includes:
- Passive drainage position whenIt expected to improve the sputum discharge by gravity. Thus it is necessary to take different positions, for example, on one side, on the abdomen, the body with an inclination of 20-30 degrees forward empirically selecting the posture in which leaves easier expectoration. At each position it is recommended to be 15 minutes. Repeat drainage must be 1-2 times a day.
- Autogenous drainage - is quite complicated to understand, but effective technique, which includes several successive phases.
- Branch mucus: normal breathing alternates with short and frequent respiratory movements and breath-holding for 3 seconds (2-3 minutes.).
- Collection of mucus in the large bronchi: slow breathing short shallow breaths, as if rocking mucus until wheezing (2-3 min.).
- The evacuation of mucus: the removal of phlegm cough shock.
Position drain effectively combined with other techniques "bronchial toilet."
- Forced expiratory when the mucus is removed a powerful exhaust air flow.
- "Haffing" - a forced exhalation with an open glottis, and noise "hhuuuuuffff".
- Controlled coughing with relaxation and breathing control.
Manual percussion and vibration - thiseffleurage on chest folded "boat" hand or "soft" fist. Usually tapping combined with positional drainage and operate for one minute in each of the postures. It should not be knocking on the spine and sternum - only along the edges. These manipulations do not cause pain and discomfort to the patient, is very effective in improving sputum from the bronchial walls and contribute to its promotion of "exit."
Before you apply this technique should learn several successive phases.
- Lips folded tube, breathe slowly, deeply and quietly.
- Hold your breath for 3-4 seconds.
- Perform 2-3 sudden cough shock with his mouth ajar. The first push of mucus separates from the walls of the bronchi, the second and third will move to the door, and removed from the bronchi.
- Quiet and not very deep breath.
Active breathing technique involves several steps:
- Relaxation and controlled breathing.
- 3-4 impact on the thorax (tapping and vibration).
- 3-4 tapping and vibration.
- Relax and normal breathing.
- 1-2 cough and push "haffing".
- Relax and normal breathing.
"Lazy" cough is most often observed in patientschronic obstructive pulmonary disease. It leads to an exacerbation of diseases, it contributes to the development of pulmonary infection. In these cases, use of the above techniques is particularly important, however, even in acute infections, for example, acute bronchitis, listed technology significantly accelerates recovery at home, even without the use of special devices.