Pain in the genital area, frequent urgeto urinate (up to several times per hour), feeling of fullness with an empty bladder, and sometimes abdominal pain and blood in the urine - this is not a complete list of cystitis symptoms that can spoil life instantly and at the most inopportune moment. Cystitis is an acute or chronic, the latter may include a frequent (3 or more times a year) recurrences of acute and constant, almost disappearing symptoms.
Causes of cystitis
Inflammation of the bladder can causeinfections and infestations (bacteria, viruses, fungi, protozoa and even worms ...), stones and foreign bodies, common endocrine disorders and menopause, physical and chemical factors, cancer and even some medications. In addition, there is the so-called interstitial cystitis, the causes of which are still arguing scientific minds.
In cystitis female face. Such a characteristic bladder diseases sounds comical, but, nevertheless, women suffer from cystitis is 8-10 times more often than men. 4-5 cm wide female urethra bacteria overcome simpler than 18-23 cm narrow male. And the potential colonizers themselves much more due to the fact that the output of the urethra, vagina and anus in women are very close. Therefore, men suffer from cystitis is much less likely, especially in the elderly and, in most cases, it is secondary with respect to chronic prostatitis, adenoma, sexually transmitted infections and other ills.
What to do with suspected cystitis
Uncomplicated bacterial cystitis can be treatedeven a general practitioner (family doctor). But ideally cystitis should be engaged in the urologist, and for women - in tandem with the gynecologist. In practice, this is rare, and most urologists treat men and cystitis associated with the problems of proper bladder and kidneys, and gynecologists gets the rest.
In this study a minimum: urine tests, swabs from the vagina and urethra, shall appoint any expert. It is useful to be tested for sexually transmitted infections at-venenerologa doctor, even if "nothing", but also in recurrent cystitis do this it is necessary. Well, what exactly is required in each case depends on the course and severity of the disease: it can be an additional crop, nephrology consultation, ultrasound and x-rays to rule out kidney disease, cystoscopy to study the state of the walls of the bladder, etc.
As soon as it will come up with, the medical profession will disappear, as long as the main issue, which is necessary to solve the patient is the one who will treat him. But "how" it is already determined by the physician and no one else.
Intrigue cystitis is not that itdifficult to treat: primary uncomplicated bacterial cystitis just fine amenable to antimicrobial therapy. But precisely because of this apparent simplicity and the rapid disappearance of unpleasant symptoms, millions of women join the ranks of the chronically ill each year. Why? The answer - and self-neglect of normal therapy.
Medicines for cystitis advertised on TV and in theradio under the motto "drink one packet, take a pill and you're healthy," sympathizers eager to share 101 grandmother's recipe and tell that to them in one thousand nine hundred shaggy year, helped out now and this, and only bona fide advisers unit urged to see a doctor.
Indeed, the course of treatment may besupershort. And in the minutes of the treatment of acute uncomplicated cystitis, there are options with a single application of an antibiotic. And even the doctor, to determine the causes and manifestations of the disease, can appoint the most advertised means. But, first, all the decent countries they are sold only by prescription and no more than a certain number of daily doses, and, secondly, who told you that cystitis - a reason not to go to the doctor?
Why? Are you sure that you do it "neoslozhenny" bacterial cystitis and in general? A normal doctor would call two dozen similar symptom, including viral cystitis, tuberculosis cystitis, urinary tract infection, malignancy, and even half a page of possible diagnoses.
So if you missed, the bestself-treatment does not help and does not eliminate the pernicious symptoms. Worse, when they disappear for a while, but the disease will continue to progress. And not cured in full bladder infection can become chronic or recurrent form spread to the kidneys and nearby organs, lead to irreversible changes in the bladder and another two or three dozens of diseases.
So, sorry, but we can not tell you how to treat cystitis. Absolutely. Because it will be medical crime, especially ask this question, as a rule, those who simply do not want to go to the doctor.
What not to do
Yes, there is such an interest in fashion treatment options in case of "when to the doctor do not get." So, what to do if the patient is in the jungle, in the distant Martian spaceship or mine produces rubidium?
For acute cases out advice is: if symptoms of cystitis caught on the road, in the resort or in the mountains, and it happened the first time, then you need to quickly get to the physician - somewhere near wild beasts Aesculapius still inhabited. And the road is not supercool, drink plenty of fluids, do not eat spicy, salty and sour and forget about alcohol.
If you are a chronic problem, beforeto conquer the unknown worlds should consult their permanent doctor, what medicines to take with you, as in any case to take them, and ask a means of communication with that same doctor that you personally saw and observed.
But what to do do not need to - so it takeadvertised antibiotics and use of schemes that have helped someone. Not the fact that your cystitis of the same nature, and the tips are often handed out in the form of "I always in such cases ...". If treatment is successful, then where relapses? Frequently recurring cystitis is not an isolated problem, and a bell that signals the systemic problems in the body and lifestyle.
And remember, for God's sake, and save your ownhealth is the most popular an Internet advice: "keep a hot water bottle between her legs." It is easier from this will be, but the infection can spread upwards and outwards, not to mention the fact that with the diagnosis you might make a mistake.
Risk factors for the occurrence of cystitis
Risk factors for the development of cystitis
- The overall decline in the immune system and the presence of chronicdiseases (stress, problems and gynecological nephrology part infections, sexually transmitted diseases, pregnancy, reduced immune response before menstruation, etc.).
- Hypothermia. Especially dangerous is the point: the pelvis, lower back, legs.
- Changes in vaginal mucosa andurethra. Deficiency of estrogen, the frequent use of spermicides and contraceptive inappropriate inflammation in the pelvic organs, tendency to constipation, kidney disease, etc. lead to the fact that the bladder tissue becomes more friable and prone to infection.
- Problems with hygiene. Seals and tampons (they are, however, doctors generally can not honor) should be changed as often as possible. Wipes and wash the ladies recommended strictly in one direction - from front to back, because the most frequent causative agent of cystitis Escherichia coli (E. coli). For the same reason you should not alternate between anal and vaginal sex. Moreover, Escherichia coli has an excellent adaptability and strains with "improved tenacity" in relation to uroepithelium.
- Non-physiological wear. G-strings for E. coli is not a luxury but a means of speedy and faithful to the movement of the urethra. More than others are also at risk lovers tight jeans, synthetic underwear and mini in any weather.
- Spicy foods and alcohol. After spicy food especially flavored alcohol, urine allocated substances irritating the bladder wall, ie, opening gaps for infection.
- Features anatomy and rough sex. Relapse of cystitis may contribute to urethral location of the anomaly: if it opens into the vagina, or is too close to him, then sex is fraught with reflux of foreign flora where it does not. Also cystitis may be due and sex-marathon (after which greatly irritated the opening of the urethra), love to "full bladder" defloration or partner change, when the vagina gets new flora. Do doctors have even informal name "defloratsionny cystitis" or "honeymoon cystitis".
- Problems with the toilet. Continuous overflow of the bladder causes it to lose tensile strength and elasticity, but also the constant visits to the toilet for a small amount of urine (e.g., due to stress), can weaken the protective mechanism by mucous. The normal frequency of urination for women - every 3-5 hours.