Understand the capabilities of the latest technology helps PhD, doctor of the highest category Andrei Kovalev.
Laser correction today can be namedthe safest and most effective method for correcting myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism. The gist of it - in evaporation (rounding) of the layers of the cornea, which is due to a special laser beam.
The most popular method of laser correctionview today is LASIK. It is held on an outpatient basis, under local anesthesia and dropping only lasts 3-5 minutes (per eye). Pain during a correction, and after it - is minimal. The recovery period - from a few hours to a day. That is, the very next day after the correction of the patient receives good vision and can return to normal life.
It is known that the human optical apparatusof the eye (cornea, lens and vitreous body) has tiny irregularities that cause image distortion (aberration). The quality of vision after the correction depends on the accuracy and thoroughness of eliminating these irregularities. The laser beam selectively adjust only those portions of the cornea to correct these distortions. As a result, eliminated everything aberrations that affect the quality of vision.
Today, few lasers have suchopportunities. The most advanced of these most individualized. Therefore, a person receives not only a high visual acuity (Figures in percentages, or "units"), but also the highest quality (sharpness, brightness, contrast).
Modern lasers allow you to make corrections if:
- myopia - up to 12.0 D,
- hyperopia - up to +7.0 D,
- astigmatism - to 5.0 D.
But! The applicability of a method of correction in each case determined by a physician after a thorough and comprehensive examination.
Our expert identified 7 key moments talking about that laser correction - very convenient and necessary technique in the conditions of modern life.
• Reason 1st. Safety of laser correction. Today, with the use of new technology, laser surgery has become absolutely safe and secure procedure.
• Reason 2nd. Rapid achievement of effect. Already after 12 hours your eyesight will improve and you will be able to return to normal life, without feeling any discomfort.
• Cause 3rd. Problems with glasses. At high myopia and / or astigmatism glassesgive a distorted picture of the world, and the rim narrows the field of view. Someone can not find enough comfort frame, but someone just did not like the way it looks in the glasses.
• Reason 4th. Intolerance to contact lenses. Many people have allergies to the material of contact lenses, solutions for the storage of lenses, protein deposits that inevitably accumulate on the surface of the lens during the day.
• Cause 5th. The risk associated with contact lenses. Infectious corneal ulcer currentlyIt is primarily associated with the long-wearing contact lenses. According to world statistics, the number of complications in people using contact lenses for a long time, is significantly higher than that of those who made laser vision correction.
• Reason 6th. Professional reasons. Many professions, especially those associated with physical labor, and are associated with difficulties in the use of glasses and contact lenses.
• Reason 7th. Lifestyle. Anyone who has ever played sports, and especially its water views, knows how difficult and often impossible to use glasses and contact lenses at this time.
• Nearsightedness (myopia). When myopia "living lens" - the cornea andlens - are too strong for the size of the eyes, because this image is focused in front of the retina. This preserves the ability to see clearly near and distant objects - blurry. Indications: until recently, had to wear glasses with concave lenses or contact lenses to focus images on the retina. Now doctors recommend laser correction. Moreover, in recent years, an entirely new method for correction of myopia without glasses, without day lenses and without surgery. This night vision correction using refractive therapy.
• Far-sightedness (hyperopia). With hyperopia the contrary, the cornea andlens - is too weak, so the image is focused behind the retina. The most blurred image of close objects. Indications: collecting glasses with convex lenses or contact lenses to focus images on the retina. In addition, modern laser surgery to correct accurately and farsightedness.
• Astigmatism. Corneal shape can be compared with the "egg inprofile ", which gives a blurred, smudged. Often, astigmatism is combined with other disabilities optical eye, although it can also occur independently. Indications: special glass (cylinders) or special (toric) lenses gradually fading. Now, as international experience has proven, most reliable way to improve vision, in this case - laser correction.
- laser correction method applied since 1988. More than 2.5 million people a year around the world restore vision in this way.
- 1 laser pulse vaporizes the cornea at 1/500 the thickness of a human hair.
- In a study of the cornea in preparation for laser correction of 2.7 seconds made 9000 measurements.