Vampirism - modern subculture unitingyoung people who consider themselves vampires. Basically, the interest is limited to the study of the vampire theme in the art of imitation and appearance of your favorite characters, young people are unlikely to think about the history of the origin of vampires images.
The movement of "vampirism" was born in 1970thanks to admirers of Anne Rice, author of the famous novel "Interview with the Vampire." However, the vampire theme has its roots in the distant past, and is reflected in the folklore of many peoples.
The image of a vampire in art took shape over the years, butmost vividly reflected in the published in 1897 Gothic novel by Irish writer Bram Stoker's "Dracula", the following works owe their existence to the immortal creation.
Most often, vampires are portrayed as intelligent, elegant, mysterious and sexy lady, leading a secluded life.
The blood they need in order to keep your metabolism and not die. According to the legends:
- vampires fear sunlight, protected by dark clothes, leave only under the cover of night and return before dawn;
- Sunlight kills vampires and reduces its strength;
- they avoid dinner parties and dinners, it is alien to human food;
- they are pale, the skin is thin and vulnerable, cold to the touch;
- invariable sign of vampirism - fangs and touched purple gums;
- vampire eyes are surrounded by a haze of fluffy eyelashes, reddish whites and pupils clouded;
- they are characterized by anxiety, suspiciousness, aggression, fall into a frenzy at the time of an acute desire blood, can turn into monsters in the physical and psychological sense.
Not possessing expertise in the field of medicine, drawinginspiration from the Irish myths about vampires, in the traditions of the peoples of Transylvania, the historical account of the life of Vlad Tepes, the inverse image of Dracula, Stoker, without knowing it, described the suffering of seriously ill human porphyria.
Porphyria, or - the purple disease, a group of diseases associated with metabolic disorders of porphyrin, bright red pigment. At the heart disease are disorders of heme synthesis -porphyrin compounds with iron, the basis of human red blood cells. Failure in the system of education of heme leads to anemia, accumulation in the body of the intermediate metabolic products that have toxic effects on organs and systems that cause the typical symptoms of "vampire" of the disease.
The causes of porphyria are at the genetic level, inherited disease. The probability of gene transfer rather porphyriahigh, ill parents "gives" child the defective gene in 50% of cases, regardless of sex, but only 20% of the clinical picture unfolds. For his demonstration necessary action provoking factors: Certain medications, infections, hormonal changes, certain foods and alcohol - not for nothing mythical vampire aspect of human feasts.
The cases of vampirism as a disease more common among men and appear in the spring and summer months. A typical feature is porphyria urine red-brownThat due to the presence of unoxidized porfirinogena, which is converted into the light magenta porphyrin.
Acute porphyria manifested by severe pain in the abdomen, lower back, inextremities, tachycardia, increased blood pressure, vomiting, muscle weakness, agitation, hallucinations, delusions, epileptiform seizures and other symptoms developing as a result of acute poisoning of the body, the resulting product of porphyrin metabolism and diffuse lesions of the peripheral and central nervous system.
Porphyria is a very typical symptoms.
- Photosensitivity or sensitivity to light, manifested development dermatosisReminiscent of burn disease. On the pale thinning skin of exposed areas appear pigmentation, blisters, which quickly opened, exposing the erosion and ulcers, which are formed on the site of pink and bluish scars, erosion leave pigmentation.
- For typical of porphyria hypertrichosis and hair darkening, elegant whiskers, fluffy thick eyelashes and eyebrows.
- Scarring of the skin changes in the field of ear, nose, brow, fingerslead to distortion of facial features and hand strain. On the side surfaces of the temples appear microcysts - small erosions healing effects that resemble whiteheads.
- Under the action of light changes, thickened, deformed and broken nails, Sclerosing nail bed.
- In patients with porphyria can be seen typical changes in eye: Red sclera, conjunctivitis, corneal opacity, pigmentation of the optic nerve and other degenerative processes.
- Porphyry often leads to changes in the gums and lips. Erosive cheilitis manifested by redness,pigmentation, swelling and bleeding of the red border of the lips. Atrophy of the mucosa of the gums leads to the exposure of the necks of the teeth and the visual effect of increasing the canines.
- The surface of the teeth and gums, for which sunlight falls acquires reddish tintSometimes becomes dark red.
- Later symptoms of porphyria is the defeat of the cardiovascular system, liver and other internal organs. Irreversible changes often lead to death, mortality in acute attacks of porphyria is approximately 20%.
One can imagine the reaction of people in the Middlecentury, when they were faced with a patient with porphyria. This spectacle has left a trace in the memory imprinted in the legends, mythical overgrown details.
Porphyria severe disease is treated primarilyinfusion of heme. Additionally appointed symptomatic agents, plasmapheresis, blood is needed for the patient to cope with intoxication, and to just live.