Question №1. Is it true that Russia may join the list of locations where you can get infected with malaria?
- In Russia last year was 642 cases. Of them - 214 in Moscow, and more than a hundred - in the Moscow region. Malaria imported in Moscow before. There were about 150-200 cases annually. But it was mainly tropical malaria, which brought students from African countries and experts, who have traveled there on business. But since the 90-ies in the Moscow region there are many illegal migrants from Tajikistan and Azerbaijan, which is constantly kept the epidemiological situation of malaria. Illegals live in poor conditions, as a rule, do not have health insurance, the official registration, so the time does not go to the doctor.
A disease-carrying mosquito. The fourth summer in the Moscow region is quite hot weather. All this creates favorable conditions for the development of aquatic vegetation. Komar populates only those water bodies where there is aquatic vegetation or trash. If the pond is clean, well-maintained, on the surface did not swim, the mosquitoes will not be there. We have also many ponds in poor condition.
Question №2. But not every mosquito infected with malaria?
- Komar takes off from a sterile reservoir. That's when the blood of a sick person gets drunk, then he is dangerous. As soon as the average temperature reaches 16 degrees plus, the parasite begins to develop in the mosquito. This year it happened in Moscow on July 6, in the past - 21 June. From that moment began the season of malaria transmission. When different types of malaria, a different incubation period: the tropical - up to a month, with a three-day - up to three years. Cases vivax with long incubation on average there are seven to nine months.
For thirty minutes after the bite of a mosquitoparasites get into the liver, and it is their primary development. At this point, the person does not feel anything and does not know what is already sick. The liver increases in size, dying liver cells. Then, the parasite invades the blood into erythrocytes, hemoglobin decreases. Comes anemia. Severe toxic changes occur in the body. Primarily affected kidney. The cause of death from falciparum malaria - is primarily renal failure.
Question №3. So, from a mosquito bite can die?
- Moscow - not. We passed only a three-day malaria.
Question №4. And how many kinds of it exist?
- Four. Tropical, two types of three-day and four-day (at the three-day malaria attacks happen in a day, with four - in two days). The four are now rare - it is the most ancient form of malaria most favorable course. However, this can be sick with malaria life. For example, a child had been ill, and after 45 years - attack again. So much time was living parasite in the blood. A three-day malaria when he lives in the blood up to a maximum of five years. But the worst form of malaria - tropical. It is the youthful appearance of malaria, which gives death. year to 500 million people fall ill with malaria in the world. Of these two million die. We in Russia tropical malaria is not transmitted - our mosquitoes is immune to it.
Question №5. Malaria is curable?
- If diagnosed promptly, thedisease is treated successfully, but the effectiveness of the treatment depends on the timely treatment to the doctor. You can not even wait until the next morning - the time is on the clock. There are certain types - for malignant falciparum malaria, when the treatment does not work. Treatment of vivax takes at least 17 days. But there is no lifelong immunity does not arise. No matter how many times or contracted malaria, and many will be hurt.
Question №6. How to protect yourself from malaria?
- Malaria is transmitted only by mosquitoes, soyou need to protect yourself from biting bloodsuckers: to put nets on the windows, use repellents, use fumigators. Before traveling to countries where the disease is constantly recorded, to take anti-malarial drugs for a week prior to departure and during the trip (but not more than four months), and three weeks after returning. In Africa, there is a group of countries where malaria has developed resistance to most drugs. In these countries, the highest risk of infection.
Question №7. Treatment of malaria and alcohol compatible?
- Our people prefer to be treated by all vodka. They say that if you drink regularly in Africa, including a gin and tonic, do not get sick.
- On the contrary, on the day of taking the drugs at allYou can not take alcohol - compatible. However, in the gin and tonic has microdose quinine, but it has no effect. Here we have the 1998 tourists traveled to Kenya on New Year's tour. Sick just 23 people, and three died. Why did this happen? They apparently did not know anything about the situation in Kenya. They had not been warned. And as prevention is not consumed drugs and alcohol.
Question №8. So what will happen to the mosquitoes? And why have a rest in Europe, there is - there are none, and we go out of town - the clouds?
- By order of the mayor of each prefecture highlightsmoney on landscaping and treatment ponds. We are examining and process them on a regular basis, thereby reducing the number of disease vectors. Here we are a few days ago went to the Botanical Gardens, where - larvae. Why? Because a lot of vegetation water. Improvement of water bodies is worth a lot of money. If we did nothing, it would have been an epidemic in Moscow.