The problem teething baby is incredibly relevant among young mothers, so circumvent it, we can not.
This event can be, and would not have caused such a strain, if not accompanied by a clear change in the child's behavior, sometimes shocking unprepared parents.
So what is really going on with yourbaby, what to expect from these difficult months, what actions to take and when, finally, it's all over - not very competent, but no less important to these questions we tried to find answers from very reliable sources, accompanied by some interesting additions from sources - recommendations "experienced" parents.
History of teeth
The history of your baby's teeth began long beforehis birth. Much of their future state is predetermined genetically. Of course, if your home all perfect teeth, you can expect the same from a pleasant surprise and your baby. But it would be too easy if all this and stopped.
Nature has arranged so that even before the baby is bornthe mother can affect the formation of his teeth. Moreover, in any direction. Already in the fifth or sixth week of pregnancy, the fetus in the jaws of dental buds are laid between the third and sixth month begins to form tooth enamel. And this mechanism depends on the diet of pregnant women, which should be a sufficient amount of minerals and vitamins.
For the expectant mother
- Keep your diet on a daily basisattended calcium and fluorine-containing products (sources of calcium - milk and dairy products, kale, broccoli, young turnips; fluorine sources - lean sea fish, spinach, green tea).
- Provide all necessary unborn childvitamins and minerals (eat fresh fruits and vegetables, dried fruits, herbs, drink juices, take specially selected vitamin complexes).
- Use only clean water, use water filters.
- Check the condition of your teeth, limitmyself in sweets and sweet drinks. If necessary, immediately treat the teeth, even during pregnancy, warned the dentist about your position. The most optimal for the treatment and removal of teeth is considered to be between 4 and 6 months of pregnancy.
- Regularly brush your teeth and rinse your mouth aftereach meal. Choose the right toothbrush (the best option - brush «medium» (medium hardness), with bleeding gums, use a soft ( «soft») Try to change the brush every 3 months..
- If during pregnancy you need antibiotics - do not use tetracycline (it can cause a change in the baby teeth of color).
Whole milk teeth at the child will eventually be 20, 10 on each jaw, but they will gradually be cut to about two years.
We are now more interested in order of eruption of the first of them, that is a baby under one year. The first baby teeth appear in 6-8 months. Usually this procedure eruption.
Between 6 and 8 months of age appear central incisors of the lower jaw, which are located in the heart of the lower jaw.
Then there are the central upper incisors, which are also located in the center of the tooth row.
By 8-12 months - the upper lateral incisors, which are located next to the central.
Then there are the same teeth on the lower jaw.
Usually the child was normal to be 8teeth, but parents should be aware that the presence of 2-4 or the presence of 10 teeth in this age is not a serious deviation. Too early or late appearance of the teeth may be determined by heredity. Worry can only be achieved if the baby teeth do not appear up to a year. In this case, you need to consult a pediatric dentist. Sometimes doctors do an X-ray to determine the status of impacted teeth.
Some deviations teething
Timely, in sequenceteeth growth shows normal development of the body baby. This is a physiological process and it is in direct communication with the general state of health of the child. But consider some unusual situations that may indirectly speak about the presence of pathology. However, only indirectly. Again reservation that only a thorough study could confirm or refute these assumptions.
- Delay timing of eruption (longer than 1-2 months from norm) may be the result of rickets, infectious disease, prolonged intestinal problems and changes in metabolism.
- Earlier teething (before 1-2 months before normal) - may be indicative of endocrine disruption.
- Violation of priority, the lack of atooth may also be the result of some anomalies in the health of the child (there are isolated cases, when there is not even the rudiments of teeth) or be the result of an illness in the mother during pregnancy.
- Teething is the arc of the tooth of the dentition may be due to incorrect position of the tooth axis (horizontal or oblique).
- Improper formation of the tooth - size, shape, position, color, lack of enamel coating, etc. The causes of these phenomena should be analyzed by experts.
- The appearance of the teeth before birth. These situations are extremely rare. Such teeth interfere with the child suck the mother's breast, they are usually removed.