At the moment, the science is not yet able toclearly describe all possible factors leading to the development of diabetes. However, some causes have been identified. Moreover, every man able to avoid most of these reasons.
- Heredity. Modern medicine believes that some genes, passed from generation after generation, responsible for the development of diabetes. The more blood relationship, the greater the risk. Various studies give different numbers. According to some observations, the first type of diabetes is inherited with a probability of 3-7% on the maternal side, and with a probability of 10% - on his father. If both parents are sick, the risk can increase to 70%. Type II diabetes can be inherited with a probability of up to 80% on both parental lines, and if both parents are sick, the risk is close to 100%. Other observations argued that there is little difference in the probability of the disease different types of diabetes. Scientists of this group believe that if diabetes is sick one parent, the probability of the disease is about 30%. If both parents are sick, the risk doubles.
- Age. Although diabetes suffer even small children, 80% of diseases occur in people older than fifty years.
- Malnutrition. One of the most common causes of diabetes is poor nutrition: protein and lack of fiber in the diet, excessive passion for refined products (primarily sugar and products made from white flour) is likely to lead to the development of diabetes.
- Obesity and type of distribution of body fat. The extra weight can cause the organs will develop insulin resistance. You are at risk of developing diabetes if you have an extra 30% of the weight, your body mass index greater than 25 (calculated BMI here), waist circumference greater than 90 cm in women and more than 140 cm in men. With regard to the type of shape, the occurrence of diabetes in people are more inclined to the type of figures "apple" in which the fat is deposited primarily in the waist area rather than in the thigh and buttocks area.
- Passive lifestyle. People who neglect to exercise, very likely to develop diabetes. If the load giving body only three times a week, can significantly reduce the risk of disease.
- Stress. The chances of getting diabetes increases after suffering stress, whether physical or mental trauma.
- Some medications. A number of active substances is associated with risk of diabetes: clozapine, olanzapine, risperidone, quetiapine, ziprasidone.
- Infection. German measles, chickenpox, infectious hepatitis and certain other diseases, including influenza, can serve as a trigger that initiates the disease. Of course, for this to happen, people must have other factors predisposing to diabetes.
- Hypertension. Observations have shown that there is a direct link between high blood pressure and the development of diabetes.
- Triglycerides and cholesterol. High levels of cholesterol and triglycerides associated with an increase in blood sugar level, which leads to diabetes.