In today's world, obesity has taken the character ofpandemic. According to WHO on obesity affects more than a billion people in the world. Overweight - not just a cosmetic defect, it is let to diseases of the spine, joints, high blood pressure, sleepy apnea, asthma, diabetes. But most importantly, it leads to the development of metabolic syndrome.
Depot fat in the human body are representedsubcutaneous fat and visceral fat located in the abdominal cavity and omentum between the internal organs. In some cases, the fat starts to heavily deposited in the abdominal cavity and developed visceral obesity.
Obesity is accompanied by metabolic disorderssubstances, the combination of these violations in 1981 called the "metabolic syndrome", a manifestation of this syndrome is not only obesity, but also diabetes, hypertension and coronary heart disease. Deadly Quartet - the name in 1989, received a combination of these diseases. According to statistics, in the absence of treatment of the metabolic syndrome in 10-20 years results in advanced atherosclerosis, heart attack and stroke.
- Metabolic syndrome is diagnosed in men over40 years, is associated with decreased testosterone synthesis and its activating effect on the breakdown of fats, these men often suffer from erectile dysfunction.
- In women, the risk of visceral obesity increases during menopause, when estrogen production decreases, responsible for the redistribution of fat.
- The accumulation of fat contribute to the high-calorie diet, reduced physical activity.
- Metabolic disorders occur in diabetes, hypertension, there are problems with the heart and blood vessels.
- People whose relatives suffer from metabolic syndrome, the probability of disease is higher.
- Women with polycystic ovary syndrome and having low levels of estrogen, often suffer from visceral obesity.
- Metabolic syndrome contributes to the presence of disorders of purine metabolism, in particular, gout.
- Insulin resistance and reducedglucose tolerance, body cell receptors are less sensitive to insulin, resulting in large amounts of glucose "delayed" in the blood. Trying to "reach out" to the cells, increases the production of insulin, but with the increase in consumption of glucose for energy needs, enabled its transformation into fat. There is a real danger of diabetes, excess weight accumulates.
- Visceral adiposity and easy disintegration of the internalfat leads to the fact that the liver continuously receives a large amount of fatty acids. This leads to disruption of cholesterol metabolism, increase blood levels of "harmful" cholesterol, low density lipoprotein and reduce the number of "useful" high-density lipoprotein. The result becomes the formation of cholesterol plaques in blood vessels, the development of atherosclerosis and its complications: coronary artery disease of the brain and heart.
- Metabolic syndrome increases the tendency to form blood clots.
- The presence of obesity and activation of the sympathetic nervous system leads to increased blood pressure.
To suspect the presence of metabolicsyndrome, is enough to measure waist circumference. The main feature of visceral obesity in women is a waist circumference greater than 80 cm in men - more than 94 cm, body mass index obesity corresponds to varying degrees.
It is believed that the risk ofcardiovascular diseases associated with metabolic syndrome increases with overweight. If you have a first-degree risk of obesity can be considered high, and obesity third degree - is extremely high.
To clarify the nature of metabolic disordersblood tests are carried out on thyroid stimulating hormone, cholesterol, and lipoproteins, glucose tests performed with glucose load, the blood pressure is measured, based on which concludes the presence of the metabolic syndrome.
- It is necessary to solve the problem of excess weight drug-free methods. Proper nutrition, diet, exercise - you need to change the life, to exclude yourself from all of the patients.
- Drug treatment of obesity includethe appointment of hormonal drugs, means reducing the appetite, reduce the absorption of fat, activates metabolic processes. In extreme cases it is necessary to resort to surgical reduction of stomach volume.
- To correct the glucose tolerance prescribers affecting the exchange of sugars. To prevent the development of diabetes and its treatment Metformin used.
- To reduce the concentration of cholesterol and low density lipoprotein use fibrates.
- Hypertension is subject to correction medication, except for the appointment of beta-blockers and diuretics negatively affect carbohydrate metabolism.
If you have problems with weight, and the futility of trying to control it yourself, it is best to consult a doctor.