Cirrhosis - chronic liver disease, with
destruction of normal liver tissue and the growth of non-functioning
connective tissue that violates the structure and function of the liver.
Among people aged 45-65 years, cirrhosis of the liver - a third frequency
cause of death after heart disease and cancer.
The main risk factors for liver cirrhosis
- chronic hepatitis and other liver disease;
- alcohol or its substitutes;
- long-term use of certain medications;
- chemical poisoning toxins.
The main symptoms of liver cirrhosis
- sometimes with no early symptoms;
- first symptoms may be weakness, easy fatigue, heaviness in the right hypochondrium, irregular stools;
- itching of the skin;
- the development of ascites - an increase in the stomach, reducing the amount of urine;
- in advanced cases may bleed from varices
esophagus and hemorrhoidal veins, hepatic failure,
accompanied by stunning, inadequate reaction to his surroundings,
and confusion of loss of consciousness, coma development
Terms of care for patients with liver cirrhosis
- monitoring compliance with the diet - mainly
lacto-vegetarian vitaminized food using
mainly vegetable fats;
- strictly prohibited the use of any alcohol;
- prohibited sharp, fried and pickled dishes;
- debilitated patients - bed rest which provide general care and convenient for the patient's position in bed;
- limitation of physical activity;
- in the development of ascites salt necessary restriction to 5 g per day and up to 1 liter of fluid per day;
- If signs of hepatic encephalopathy - limiting protein food;
- in case of bleeding from esophageal varices - shows hunger;
- fractional power, at least 4-5 times a day;
- monitoring of urine output of the patient;
- control of body weight;
- control over the full and timely taking of prescribed medicines;
- in case of dryness, scratching and itching of the skin - skin care;
- control of the mental condition of the patient.
- limiting alcohol consumption;
- balanced diet;
- Adequate treatment of liver diseases, including acute and chronic hepatitis.