Tick bite is dangerous possibility of infectiontransmissible infections. These blood-sucking arthropods are vectors of pathogens of tick-borne encephalitis, Lyme disease, tick-borne spotted fever, Crimean and Omsk hemorrhagic fever and other diseases. In fact, the entire Russian territory is the habitat of ticks and annually about bites in hospitals and emergency station handles up to ten hundred people.
What should I do if bitten by a tick? First of all, do not panic. Of course, the earlier you remove the tick, the better, but the account is not in the moment, so too hurry in this situation it is not necessary. All the necessary information about what you should take, you can get by calling 03.
If you are bitten by a tick, the best way outthe situation would be seeking professional medical help in emergency station, but there is not always possible, and therefore, it is necessary to remove the tick yourself.
- Do vaseline oil or lotions, tick byIt does not leave your place, and if they leave, then soon. At the same time the risk of infection will increase in direct proportion to the time spent in the skin mite.
- Applying to the site of the tick attachment swabscorrosive liquids, such as gasoline, ammonia, burn the tick with fire - it is, of course, destroy the parasite, but it often remains in the skin will cause inflammation and the risk of infection is not reduced.
- Sharply pull the tick, squeezing his belly with your fingers or tweezers, since it is fraught with breakage of its head.
If it is impossible to seek medicalhelp, you need to remove the tick yourself. The sooner you remove the parasite, the lower the risk of infection. All actions should be designed, executed slowly and clearly.
Methods of self-removal of the tick
- tissue forceps, Clamp, tweezers for hair removal or othertool to capture the head of the parasite as close as possible to the proboscis. After locking tweezers, start gently and slowly sip and simultaneously rotate in the comfortable side of the head of the tick. Usually after 2-3 turns of the tick is removed completely with head and proboscis.
- Removing the tick thread. Take a strong thread to wrap around the head of the tickas close as possible to the skin and the proboscis, and then tighten the noose, swinging slowly from side to side and pulling upwards to remove the parasite out. Sudden movements at this unacceptable, because the tick may break and you have to take it piece by piece.
- Mite Extract using special tools. They are quite a lot and they have proven themselvesOK. The advantage of a special tool is that it does not compress the abdomen mite prevents its contents into the wound, and thus decrease the risk of contracting transmissible infections.
After removing the tick bite treated with iodine, a solution of brilliant green or any antiseptic. dressings do not need to overlap.
Sometimes, when you remove the tick inept his abdomenoff and the skin is the head or proboscis. In this case, the infection may continue as pathogens contained in the salivary glands of a parasite, and therefore the head must be removed. Of course, it is better to seek medical help, but if this is not possible, will have to act, as is the case with the usual thorn.
Place the bite with an antiseptic to treat, for examplealcohol, and carefully, trying to as little as possible to injure the tissue, to get a head with a sterile needle. The needle can be to heat and cool the fire, use it as a surgical instrument. In any case, the wound treatment after a tick bite requires caution.
First of all, it is necessary to clarify whether the area isyour stay endemic in respect of various vector-borne diseases. If not, the studies are usually not performed as preventive vaccination.
In endemic area, even in the case of rapidmite extract, delete the infected tick-borne encephalitis and other infections can not. Research on the subject of tick infection can be carried out in special laboratories.
How to store and transport the tick? It should be placed in a glass container with a small piece of wet cotton wool moistened with plain water, close tightly with a lid and place in refrigerator until transport to the laboratory. Keep in mind that many laboratories do not take on the study of dead mites. Therefore, if the tick has not been able to get the whole, it is necessary, before taking him to the analysis in the laboratory to clarify - whether it will be in this form.
Note that the tick bite - is notsentence, the infection does not occur in 100% of cases. If the tick has appeared encephalitic, testing is recommended to pass necessarily, if not, to be examined better for your peace of mind. We must always remember that the effects of the bite of the tick-borne Encephalitis very serious.
Testing for the presence of tick-borne encephalitis andborreliosis involves analysis of the blood by PCR, but not earlier than 10 days after the tick bite. Antibodies to the virus encephalitis can be found in 2 weeks, and antibodies to Borrelia only in a month.