Deforming arthrosis - perhaps mosta common disease of the joints, leading to restriction, disability. The cause of disability in osteoarthritis are not even pain, crunch, blockade, stiffness and limitation of movement in the joints - these symptoms of osteoarthritis are rather diagnostic value. When determining the degree of disability is taken into account the degree of violation of the static-dynamic limb function, expressed in the ability of the patient to independent travel, self-care, work and social adaptation.
- Patients with rapidly progressive osteoarthritisjoints, characterized by the appearance of pronounced radiographic signs of osteoarthritis within 3 years of onset, with frequent, more than three times a year, exacerbations of reactive synovitis and the presence of comorbidities.
- The patients after surgical treatment of osteoarthritis, with violations resulting in the restriction of life.
- Patients with severe static and dynamic function, which is the cause of disability.
The definition of disability in osteoarthritis involves several stages of examination
- Clinical and functional diagnosis, in which the analysis of the complaints, the severity of symptoms of osteoarthritis, the results of laboratory and functional studies.
- Social diagnostics, including evaluationthe ability of the patient to self-service, independent travel, determine the level of adaptation in the social environment and the degree of disability as a cause of disability. This takes into account the psychological state of the patient, the presence of his rehabilitation potential, the desire to return to a normal life.
- Determination of the patient's needs social assistance and protection.
The first group of disability in osteoarthritis of the lower extremities
The basic criterion for determining the first groupat MSEK disability is a full loss of the ability of independent travel and self-care, work and training. People with disabilities in group I need constant care and assistance to outsiders, since they can not lead an independent existence, can not comply with hygiene, dressing, eating, to perform daily activities. Typically, the first group of disability set by functional disorders of walking and standing, reflecting signs of deforming osteoarthritis of the hip 3-4 degree, ankylosis of the hip and knee, the ankle joint at a disadvantage.
The second group of disability in osteoarthritis of the lower extremities
The second group of disability is determined bysignificant limitation of the capacity for independent travel and self-service, when the need for assistance or aids. Work experience in such cases requires the establishment of a specially equipped workplace, help others. Education can only be at home or in special educational institutions. The most common group II disability is established with osteoarthritis of the hip and knee joint Grade 3, ankylosis of major joints at a disadvantage, shortening more than 7 cm, adverse rapidly progressive type of disease, prolonged and frequent exacerbations of synovitis.
The third group of disability in osteoarthritis of the lower extremities
The criterion for the establishment of the third groupDisability is moderate to slight limitation of joint function, which leads to restriction of the ability of independent movement, self-service and labor. Overcoming the standard distance requires much more time for rest stops. Self-service is only possible with the use of aids. Labour activity becomes less productive, qualification is reduced, and in some cases lost altogether. Sometimes the work of the profession can not be due to the presence of contraindications to certain activities. Education requires compliance with a special regime and helping others.
Reasons for a Group III disability: coxarthrosis and gonarthrosis 2 degrees, sochetannye deforming arthrosis of the lower extremities.
Patients deforming arthrosis grade 1-2 with the defeat of the joint, slowly progressive course of the disease, with persistent but minor violations joint function, recognized as able-bodied. Usually it is the sick occupied a slight physical and mental labor, does not imply undue stress on the joints.