Aminocaproic acid is a hemostatic agent. main
the use of the drug found in the surgery, which is most common with
bleeding of various etiologies.
Aminocaproic acid: instructions for use
Instructions for use - is the primary approved by the Ministry of Health, the document,
according to which all doctors must act. Often, however, these inserts
nothing is clear, so try to give you information, written in accessible
Aminocaproic acid is available as a solution for intravenous infusion.
Using the dropping system it was poured into a vein in situations where it has to
- bleeding during surgery;
- diseases of internal organs, which are accompanied by hemorrhagic
- in gynecology - premature detachment of the placenta;
- massive blood transfusion (in this case, the drug is used for
prevention of decrease in blood clotting).
The drug is always administered the drip, in order to avoid the formation of blood clots
directly at the injection site.
Aminocaproic acid: contraindications, side effects
As with any medication available in aminocaproic acid and disadvantages. These can be
include contraindications and side effects.
The drug is contraindicated in the following cases:
- in case of hypersensitivity to it;
- the tendency to thrombosis;
- in disorders of blood coagulation;
- in stroke;
- Pregnancy and lactation;
- for kidney disease with decreased secretory function;
- children under one year.
Use of the drug may cause the following side effects:
- dyspepsia - nausea, sometimes vomiting, a violation of the chair;
- lowering blood pressure down to orthostatic collapse;
- the destruction of muscle cells;
- acute renal failure.
Sometimes aminocaproic acid can be used topically. For this purpose
commonly drug "Polikapran", which is a cloth impregnated
aminocaproic acid. To achieve their effect is pressed against the wound and leave
there. It is made of bio-soluble material, these napkins on their own
destroyed, sparing the patient from painful procedures to remove them.
Another method of using aminocaproic acid - in the form of nose drops with nasal
bleeding. However, doctors advise in this case, use gauze turundy
of sterile bandage impregnated drug. Use this method should only
an extreme case and certainly not at home.
Finally, aminocaproic acid impregnated with a piece of sterile bandage and put
into the hole of the tooth after its removal. This is done only in cases where the bleeding
It stops for a long time.