Renal colic is one of the most powerfulhuman feelings, so it requires urgent measures and emergency care. When kidney stones pain occurs suddenly, it is acute, localized in the lower back, giving the abdomen, down along the ureter, in the groin, in the external genitals and inner thighs. This pain is so strong that it causes the patient to rush in search of provisions capable of at least a little to alleviate the suffering, then dips a little, then again increases, accompanied by nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, frequent urination.
The attack of renal colic can last fromfew hours to a few days, causing the patient and exhausting to use a variety of first-aid tools in urolithiasis described in the literature and web. However, the answer to the question how to treat urolithiasis and renal colic need to look first at the doctor.
If there is confidence that the pain caused by urolithiasis, to "Ambulance" brigade arrival it is necessary to take the following measures.
- Put the patient in a hot bath, temperature 38-39 0C, so hot, how can withstandsuffering from urolithiasis. The literature on urology contains information that 10-20 minutes is sufficient to remove the spasm of smooth muscles of the ureters and facilitate passage of the stone. If the bath is contraindicated for concomitant cardiovascular, skin diseases can be put on the area of diseased kidney hot water bottle. It must be said that even in the hospital setting heat treatments are a priority in the treatment of urolithiasis during a colic attack. SoLux, paraffin and ozocerite applications to help manage muscle spasm urinary organs.
- First aid in case of renal colic and kidney stonesdisease comprises administering antispasmodic drugs such as No-spa, papaverine, Platifillin, Drotaverinum, they deal with the pain is worse than pain relievers that with urolithiasis should be taken with extreme caution.
- Admission painkillers with urolithiasis should be differentiated. Analgesic effect of diclofenac have candles, Spazdolzin can take Baralgin, maksigan, Ketanov.
To treat urolithiasis with localizationpain on the right, you need to be sure that the symptoms are caused by the movement of the stones. In this case, analgesics intake may play a cruel joke, hiding symptoms of appendicitis, bile duct obstruction, intestinal obstruction and other diseases that require no medication, and surgery as first aid. When kidney stones is recommended to call the brigade "first aid", because only a doctor can determine the need for and the composition of therapeutic measures.
If emergency care in urolithiasiswas sufficient for the relief of an attack, "fails" a stone in the bladder and is expelled naturally, the pain goes away quickly and the patient's condition is normalized.
For large stones, the size of 8-10 mm,unable to independently go through the ureter, renal colic attacks may be repeated one after the other, so a stay in the hospital and medical care will be welcome.
Hospitalization is required in the following cases:
- if pain persists after taking medicines thatIt indicates severe attack or that it is not caused by urolithiasis, urology literature is full of examples where for renal colic took other diseases of internal organs, for example, pancreatitis, perforated ulcer, cholecystitis and even ectopic pregnancy;
- if urine stops, indicating that the blockage of the ureter that can lead to kidney destruction;
- if you are having pain on both sides;
- if the patient is only one kidney, and she struckurolithiasis, pain generally contraindicated, since even a slight decrease in renal functional activity can lead to kidney failure.