Modern methods of treatment of hyperopia
Currently, there are three recognized ways to correct farsightedness, namely:
spectacles - The most common method of correctionhyperopia. This is now the main method of correcting hyperopia child. For all its merits, glasses delivered to its owner a lot of inconvenience - constantly dirty, misted, slip and fall, preventing sports and any other physical activity. Glasses do not provide 100% vision correction. Points substantially restrict peripheral vision, violate stereoscopic effect and spatial perception, which is especially important for drivers. In case of accident or fall shattered glass lenses can cause serious injury. In addition, incorrect glasses may cause eye fatigue and the constant progression of hyperopia. However, the glasses, and today remains the most simple, cheap and safe method for the correction of hyperopia.
Contact lenses - Contact lenses are used for correctionhyperopia, which is often accompanied by amblyopia (visual impairment). In these cases, use of contact lenses becomes therapeutic value, because only the creation of a clear image in the fundus is an important stimulus to the development of vision. For medical contact lenses are now appointed and in childhood. Thus, wearing of lenses associated with certain disadvantages. Many people simply can not get used to the foreign object in the eye. A frequent complication of contact lens are allergic reactions, so many 'users' contact lenses are easily recognizable by permanently red eyes. Even people adapted to wearing contact lenses are not insured against the risk of infectious complications, including severe, threatening a complete loss of vision. However, contact lenses today are a real alternative to spectacle correction of hyperopia.
Laser correction of hyperopia- For adults (over 18 years) witha stable form of farsightedness modern ophthalmology offers the most advanced method of correction - laser correction of hyperopia. The best laser vision correction technology today is hyperopic LASIK - operation, guaranteeing the patient with farsightedness normal vision, without any restrictions.
Methods of conservative treatment of hyperopia
- Early diagnosis of hyperopia - a complete ophthalmological examination, including instillation of atropine in the examined eye and a check for visual acuity, both at a distance and near.
- Proper vision correction - With the help of glasses or contact lenses by an ophthalmologist selected.
- Train muscles - responsible for the accommodation of the eye (laserstimulation, video-computer vision correction, instillation of drugs, special courses of eye gymnastics) - under the supervision of an ophthalmologist.
- restorative measures - Swimming, neck massage, douches, etc. on the recommendation of an ophthalmologist.
- Good nutrition - Balanced in protein, vitamins and trace elements such as Zn, Mn, Cu, Cr and others.
Measures of prevention of farsightedness
light mode - Visual load only in good light, with the top light table lamp 60-100 W, use fluorescent lamps
Mode of visual and physical activities - It is recommended to alternate visual stress to the active, moving the rest.
Gymnastics for the eyes - 20-30 minute sessions are recommended exercises for the eyes.