Today, as many years ago, the main treatment of prolapse of genitals is surgery. Doctors are unanimous - only she can save a woman from unpleasant, very painful symptoms.
The search for new methods of surgical treatmentIt continues without interruption. If the first intervention was traumatic and ineffective, but today new high-tech method replaced. To strengthen the ligamentous apparatus of the uterus and the pelvic floor using cutting-edge materials, the operation has become safer and more gentle. But still women who can not or do not want to be treated by radical method.
Surgical treatment of ptosis and prolapseand vagina, of course, the best choice for young women, but the pathology is more common in older age groups, which is due to invalyutsionnymi processes occurring in women during menopause. Surgical methods for older women are not always acceptable due to a buildup of chronic diseases, older patients often refuse surgery in favor of conservative methods.
An alternative to surgical treatment of prolapsefemale genital mutilation has always been the use of a pessary, and today, with the advent of new materials and new forms of the invention, this method is gaining popularity.
- If there is descent and prolapse of the uterus and vagina, urinary incontinence and an absolute contraindication to surgery because of severe comorbidity.
- Categorical rejection of the transaction.
- The need for treatment of diseases of the female organs before surgery.
- When the results of surgical treatment is necessary to predict. In this case, the mother pessary allow to demonstrate and evaluate the results of the operation efficiency of the anticipated.
- For the diagnosis of latent incontinence when expressed prolapse genital masks urinary symptoms.
- With a narrow entrance to the vagina.
- In the presence of cervical precancers and internal genital organs.
- When uterine bleeding unclear nature.
- If there is an acute infection of the genital tract.
- In inflammatory diseases of the pelvic organs.
Contra-indicated in the last three paragraphs, are relative and can be overcome.
Permanent pessary is not recommended for women,who can not visit a doctor 1 time in 3-6 months. Sexually active ladies, who do not know the procedure to install and remove the pessary, it is counter-permanent use.
The first attempts to treat genital prolapse weremade by Hippocrates. As he used a pessary soaked in vinegar grenades. Over time, new materials, improved form of pessaries, replacing primitive "ball" came pessaries. At first they were made of wood, cork, impregnated with wax and later of rubber. Modern pessaries only partially resemble their predecessors, is a silicone or polypropylene products are inert to the action of a biological environment of the vagina.
Has changed and the shape of the pessary, expanded their range. Today, you can choose the type of pessary, which best corresponds to the problem of women.
Pessaries mechanism of action and the shape
Supporting that create additional support the uterus and prevent its omission:
- pessaries-rings (thin pessaries), fixed on the cervix;
- thick pessaries or "donuts";
- pessaries bowls with perforations for drainage of vaginal secretions, and without them;
- pessaries with levator for the treatment of urinary incontinence;
- pessaries strip.
- The filling, which fill the volume of the vagina, prevent sagging of its walls, prolapse of the uterus, bladder and rectum.
- the same "donut";
- cube pessary;
- inflatable mushroom pessary.
During the years of scientific and practical research it was invented more than 200 kinds of pessaries, no more than 20 types of products used by doctors today.
Selecting pessary - medical priority. The shape and size of the pessary should best meet the problem at hand, and anatomical features of the structure of genital organs of women, to evaluate these factors can only be a doctor.
Supporting pessaries are recommended for1-2 omission genitals, sometimes the 3rd degree. The use of a ring pessary in severe genital prolapse fraught forcing the uterus through the large hole and then infringement.
At 3-4 the degree of prolapse using cup-shaped pessary or pessaries with a filling effect. Pessaries with levator designed to solve the problem of stress urinary incontinence, often concomitant prolapse.
Some pessaries are intended for permanentuse, others require recovery and rehabilitation daily genital tract. To master the technique of self-administration of a pessary is not difficult, but in the absence of such experience is necessary to periodically visit a doctor for treatment and purification of the product of the genital tract. Some women use a pessary only during exercise and visiting public places, houses do without it.
In general, use of pessary - a safe and convenient method of treatment of prolapse, which allows many women to live a normal full life.