- Stroke love cottage "vacation"!
- This threatens the stroke in the first place?
- My head hurts, the hand is taken away
- What to do when the signs of a stroke?
- How to protect yourself and loved ones from a stroke at the cottage?
With the beginning of summer the number rises sharplyfood poisoning, and it is clear: heat promotes the growth of bacteria in food. But can there be a guarantee for all such diseases as stroke? It turns out, it may have! With the onset of summer activities and all summer long stroke, particularly in older people, occur more often than in the cold season.
That brain catastrophe somehow connected withwork in the country, is quite understandable. Imagine yourself living man calm life of six months, not particularly tense, except that the store goes so for a pension. And here begins the holiday season: plowing beds, planting, weeding, watering, hilling, fumigation and there is something else - the list is almost endless. Dorval to earth mom, dad, grandparents cling to everything, forgetting about the weak heart, "bad" blood vessels, hypertension and other chronic ailments. If you add heat, hard physical work in the slope, it becomes clear why gardening zeal often ends in a hospital bed. And that's if you're lucky, or if you are close neighbors to notice that something was wrong and will cause an ambulance.
Strokes are divided into hemorrhagic and ischemic. In a hemorrhagic stroke occurs rupture of a blood vessel and bleeding into the brain in ischemic nerve tissue suffers from a lack of oxygen, because it brings the artery sharply narrowed due to atherosclerosis or clogged by a blood clot.
Bleeding in the brain usually occur on the backgroundhigh blood pressure, excessive physical and mental stress in a holiday "holiday". Ischemic strokes are often preceded by thickening of the blood coagulation and increase its capacity, which leads to the formation of blood clots. Summer heat in any case, and during exercise is doubly increases sweating and fluid loss. Vacationers, working tirelessly, often forget to drink water, not to mention the fact, to hide from the sun in a cool place and get some rest. As a result, dramatically increases the risk of stroke.
In Russia, stroke is the second leadingadult mortality causes. Every fifteen minutes someone of our compatriots happens cerebral accident that in the absence of timely assistance in 80% makes the person an invalid depth. At risk is not only the elderly: the doctors say that the disease is getting younger, so pay attention to their health have all in recent years, even young people.
Who is at risk?
- All older people, who by virtue of age apackage of chronic diseases, including heart and blood vessels, primarily, atherosclerosis and hypertension. Do not think that a stroke - is the destiny of those who pressure jumps up to 200 mm Hg. Art. Of course, the risk is higher, but the brain catastrophe may occur even at a pressure of 140/90, it all depends on a confluence of circumstances and the state of the blood vessels.
- Patients with impaired blood clotting, especially when they sweat a lot and a little drunk.
- Obese people.
- Women taking hormonal contraceptives and other hormonal drugs.
- People who suffer from migraines, vascular dystonia.
Stroke can not be attributed to the boomingdiseases: Since the beginning of the functional change to complete death of brain cells extends from three to six, and it is released at the time, to save the person and prevent disease in his turn "vegetable".
What signs indicate oxygen starvation of the brain?
- Headache, dizziness, haze, fainting, loss of consciousness.
- The emergence of flies in front of the eyes, double vision.
- Incoordination: staggering gait, instability, lack of synchronicity in limb movements.
- Numbness, weakness in the hand and foot, usually with one hand.
- "Porridge in the mouth", that is, speech disorder.
- Nausea and vomiting, not bringing relief.
An urgent need to call an ambulance or independently to deliver the patient to the nearest medical facility.
How can I help the patient while waiting for the doctor?
- Lay on a hard surface, slightly raising his head a little and turning it to the side to vomit do not fall into the windpipe.
- Unbuttoned collar, constraining clothes, belt, facilitate the patient's breathing.
- Open the windows or vents, letting in fresh air the premises.
- To measure blood pressure, and in caseit greatly increased, to give the patient anti-hypertensive drug. Usually hypertensive carry a doctor prescribed drugs. In absence of these can be applied hot compresses to the calves - blood flow to the lower extremities relieve cerebral artery.
Attention! Do not otpaivat patient hot tea, hoping to offer alcohol to cope with a headache and sudden weakness. After three to six hours of brain tissue dies, and the consequences will be irreversible stroke.
- Reduce the number of beds! Its fruits and berries - it is, of course, tasty, useful and practically free, but because health is worth more!
- Change the approach to the holiday's job. Use garden tools with long handles, do not spare money on mechanization of farming.
- Weed beds, sitting on the bench or standing on his knees, do not work in the "pose gardener".
- Do not operate with an air temperature above 28-30 0Since, on hot days, try to carry out all the work in the morning or put them up in the evening.
- The total duration of the working day to not testifyIt should not exceed five to six hours, with the first half of the day should account for two and a half - three hours rest - in the evening. Compulsory afternoon rest for one to two hours.
- salt intake should be limited to two to five grams per day and drink at least two - two and a half liters of fluid per day.
- It is important to control blood pressure, and at the slightest increase it to take appropriate measures.