With glasses, all more or less clear: You call the seller your desired number of diopters with the sign "minus" or "plus" (depending on whether you have nearsightedness or farsightedness), and choose the color and the form most appropriate to your individual frame. And how not to be mistaken in choosing a hearing aid?
Types of hearing aids
All hearing aids have the same goal: to maximize sound quality and direct the sound into your ear. From each other, different styles and shapes of the devices differ in size and manner of placement in the ear. Some of them are almost invisible - in the ear canal, they are barely visible. Other, larger, occupying part of the external auditory canal, easily distinguishable. Small appliances most expensive, although they are discharged more quickly than the larger hearing aids.
Fully-channel hearing aid (CIC).
This intracanal hearing aidfor adults, it repeats the channel shape of the external auditory canal. It is made based on the customer's impression of the ear. The small device is very powerful - can significantly improve the perception of sound quality even in the 4th degree of hearing loss.
The nuances of the CIC:
- Almost invisible in the ear.
- Almost does not catch wind noise, as protected by the pinna.
- It does not create obstacles for the use of a telephone.
- The battery unit in a week should be replaced by a new one.
- In this model, the volume can not be adjusted and does not change the direction of microphones.
- The device is not suitable for people who have compromised the integrity of the eardrum.
Channel hearing aid (IT).
The size of this model is superior to fullychannel hearing aid, and therefore not very deeply embedded in the outer ear canal. Channel device is intended for adults with moderate hearing loss.
The nuances of IT:
- The device allows you to seamlessly talk on the phone.
- Components of the device requires the additional use of the volume control and the second microphone, which will make the device larger in size.
- Against the backdrop of a small model of the ear may look cumbersome.
Conch and polukonha (ITE).
The unit is located in the outer ear, taking the total ear or half of it. Make it individually. The model is suitable for people who suffer from moderate or large hearing loss.
- The device is available the views of others - has no cosmetic effect.
- Detects wind noise.
- In this model, you can adjust the volume.
- Easily inserted into the ear, unlike the CIC.
- Large battery, from which the device works, is long.
The model is located behind the ear,It is fixed in its upper part. Catching the sound, the device amplifies it and sends to the ear-tip, located in the external auditory canal. This type of device claims to be universal: fit and young, and adults coping with the majority of hearing disorders.
Nuances BTE models:
- This unit is the most notable of all, although some modifications "ennobled" recently made more elegant.
- Good cope with the strengthening of the sound - that's why always use BTE hearing aids for large loss of hearing.
The device is open fittings.
The model is a miniature BTEapparatus. Sound waves through the auditory device is a thin wire takes a small receiver, which occupies the outer ear canal. The method of open fit leaves the outer part of the ear canal free - this is a great solution to the problem of high-frequency hearing loss, when the low-frequency hearing "works" almost without deviation.
The nuances of the device open fittings:
- Securely hidden from prying eyes.
- Unlike ITE models do not partition off the ear canal.
- The device service miniature batteries.
- The tiny size of the device does not allow the presence of hand controls.
Hearing aids and digital technology
- It is necessary to check the hearing audiologist at the doctor and listen to his recommendations regarding the best model for you hearing aid.
- Center for Hearing that you have selected for purchaseapparatus must be licensed. Treat with caution to the little-known organizations that, instead of high-quality hearing aids can sell questionable "branded" products. Also, do not trust the "experts" who claim that their products over time improves hearing or completely eliminates background noise. No one hearing aid, even the quality is not under force.
- Before purchasing ask if they havehearing aid trial period, so-called trial wearing. Sometimes it takes not a day or two to see if you fit one or another model of the device. This service is free of certain hearing aid centers.
- Given the peculiarity of hearing deteriorate with time, it will be useful to ask the doctor if they have chosen a model hearing aid supply sound reinforcement.
- Each device should have a warranty period.
After the purchase
For some time you need to get used to the hearing aid. Soon you will begin to feel comfortable enough perceiving sound reinforcement.
MirCovetov reminds you that:
- the hearing aid will not make your hearing normal and even to some extent, will not restore it, and will only amplify quiet sounds and eliminate loud background noise;
- hearing aid must be used in a variety of situations and locations, to train the ear to perceive different sounds;
- do not be afraid if you do not immediately get to manage a hearing aid that you wear. The longer you use it, the more quickly get used to it and in the long term even stop to notice it.