A little history
This is very common and painful diseaseIt is known to mankind for a long time. The very name of the disease, from the Greek meaning "suffocation", imposed a great scholar of ancient Greece, one of the founders of the science of medicine, Hippocrates. Causes and characteristics of the disease were investigated and then Areteem, Galen and other prominent physicians of the ancient world.
In the Renaissance, the Italian physician GirolamoCardano, defining asthma in one of his patients, gave him some good advice on the organization of the regime of diet and exercise. Also, I recommend the patient to abandon the feather bed on which he slept. Exactly fulfilling the doctor's prescription, the patient recovered.
In the XVII century Dutch scholar Jan Baptist vanHelmont first described the choking caused by the inhalation of house dust and the consumption of fish. A century later, it was found that the cause of asphyxia is a spasm of the bronchi. A big contribution to the development of scientific knowledge about asthma brought Russian scientists SP Botkin, GI Sokolsky, EO Manoilov and others. The classical description of asthma attack gave 30-ies of the XIX century, the outstanding Russian physician GI Sokolsky: "Asthma attacks are always displayed, often in the evening and night hours. The man had just fallen asleep, waking up with a feeling of tightness in the chest. It seems as though some put the severity of his chest, as if it pressed and strangled by an external force. Man jumps out of bed, looking for fresh air. His pale face expressed sadness and fear from strangled. These phenomena, then increasing, then decreasing, continue until 3 or 4 o'clock in the morning, followed by a spasm subsides and the patient can breathe deeply. With relief, he clears his throat and tired to sleep. "
From the standpoint of modern science asthma - allergicdisease, the main manifestation of which is considered to be an attack of suffocation due to a violation of patency of the bronchi. At the heart of the development of the disease is the increased activity of the immune system when ingested foreign substances, which are called allergic. "Choice" of the allergen by the body can be quite whimsical and totally unpredictable. The current cyclical disease: acute phase with the characteristic symptoms of breathlessness remission replaced with relative calm.
Accepted provide two main forms of the disease: infectious-allergic and atopic. The first is triggered by allergens, bacteria, viruses, mycoplasma, fungi and other infectious agents. The second cause household allergens: dust mites, animal dander or fur, dry food for fish, birds, feathers, honey, coffee, strawberry, antibiotics (especially penicillin), chemical compounds that make up the paints, building materials, detergents ...
If infectious form of allergic asthmafore the struggle against provoking its pathogens, the choice of appropriate therapies. If the disease is on the atopic type, you must correctly identify the allergen and to limit contact with him. In these cases the following simple steps to take enough.
- Mercilessly fight with the dust in a residential area,systematically wet cleaning. Do not clutter up the apartment furniture, carpets, etc. Ticks can be found in upholstery fabrics, soft toys, under baseboards.
- Bedding of feather, wool and wool replaced by manufactured from synthetic materials.
- Promptly ventilate bathrooms, toilets, storage rooms and other wet rooms.
- More often to update the contents of your home first aid kit, just throw drugs shelf life expires. Such stale chemicals can become a strong allergen.
- If the asthma attacks triggered by foodproduct, useful to keep a food diary. Entries in this blog, if they are sufficiently detailed, to help determine which kind of food causes a painful attack easily.
- Strengthening of the respiratory system well helpspecial exercises pronouncing hissing and whistling sounds. Asthmatics are useful water treatment, walking barefoot on the grass, sand, and even normal sex, but the sunlight - not always: in hot weather it is recommended longer stay in the shade.
If an asthma attack does not preventmanaged, bronchodilators used for relief of it. These include epinephrine, salbutamol, ephedra and its derivatives (ephedrine, Teofedrin, Antastman, solutan), as well as the preparations of belladonna. Good support and reinforce the main treatment effect is the use of medicinal plants. They can be divided into three main groups.
1. Bronchodilators: ammi tooth, rosemary, valerian, sweet clover, viburnum, meadowsweet, mint, licorice, thyme. These plants contribute to the removal of bronchospasm, expanding the blood vessels in the respiratory tract.
2. Antigipoksanty:. Birch, elder, elecampane, St. John's wort, linden, mother-and-stepmother, chamomile, licorice, etc. This group of herbal remedies increases tissue oxygenation.
3. Mucolytics (expectorant): calamus, marshmallow, anise, betony, veronica, lungwort, plantain, nard, thyme. They are appointed to assist the exit of viscous mucus from the respiratory system.
In children is more common asthma,caused by allergies (atopic form). Often it is accompanied by a diathesis, urticaria, vasomotor rhinitis, hay fever. The background for developing asthma are recurrent bronchopulmonary diseases. Asthma attacks are often preceded by anxiety, irritability, sleep disturbances, sometimes - skin rash. In asthmatic children whose parents smoke, there are frequent exacerbation.
In bronchial asthma and chronic asthmatic bronchitis in children we can recommend the following simple and absolutely harmless means:
- 150 g of horseradish through a meat grinder, add the juice of two lemons, stir and refrigerate. Take 1 / 2-1 tsp 1 times a day, or to attacks until the condition improves.
- Mix 100 g carrot juice with an equal amount of whole milk, heated to 70-80 ° C. Drink in the morning instead of breakfast in small sips. The course of treatment - 1 month.
- Prepare the following mixture: mutton fat - 500 g of honey bees - 500 g butter - 500 g Cocoa powder - 100 g chicken eggs 10 pieces. Bring to a boil, cool, stirring. Take 1 tbsp 3 times a day with warm milk.
When asthma is also recommendedrub the chest gruel of garlic pounded in a mortar, mixed with butter or pork fat. It is popular as infusion of herbs lungwort dosage: 10 grams of grass pour a glass of boiling water, leave for an hour, drink 1 tbsp 3-4 times per day.
Effective aid in asthma may also have collections of herbs.
- Herb rosemary marsh - 15 g, nettle leaves - '15 Boil 1 liter of boiling water, 1.5 hours, taken throughout the day.
- Leaf mother and stepmother, nettle herb, grass ranksmeadow, grass and clover blossoms, herb speedwell, plantain leaf. 1 tablespoon plant mixture, taken in equal quantities, pour 1 liter of boiled water, in a sealed container 2-3 hours. Take 1/2 cup warm as 3-4 times a day 1 hour before meal. The course of treatment - at least 1 month.
- Bukovica grass, clover flowers meadow, grassveronica, grass marjoram, hawthorn, leaves mother and stepmother. 1 tablespoon plants, taken in equal quantities, pour 200 ml of boiling water, in a thermos 8-10 hours, take 1/2 cup warm as 5-6 times per day, and at night you can.
- Grass motherwort - 1 g, licorice rhizome - 2g, daisy flowers - 2 g of grass St. John's wort - 1 g, grass peppermint - 1 g leaf mother and stepmother - 8 of 8 g collection pour 250 ml boiling water, boil for 3 minutes, to insist in heat for 2 hours. Take 1/4 cup 3-4 times a day after meals.
- Chamomile flowers, plantain leaf, rootelecampane, anise fruit, herb peppermint, thyme herb. Mix equal parts, 8 g collection pour 250 ml boiling water, heated in a water bath for 15 minutes, to insist in heat for 2 hours. Take 1/4 cup 4 times a day.
Good help asthmatics also mummy,dissolved in the decoction of the root of licorice (liquorice). In 500 ml of broth licorice root (6 g per 500 ml raw water) to dissolve 0.5 g mummy. Take 1 cup 1 time a day in the morning. Children dose reduced by half. The broth is stored in the refrigerator, replaced with fresh every 2 days.