Everyone who is engaged in preservation at home should be remembered that in non-compliance with the rules of processing fruits and vegetables and precautionary measures, you can get a poor-quality product. Well, if it is just damage, bombing, mold, fermentation, swelling of the covers, when you can see and prevent consumption of spoiled canned food, and therefore avoid poisoning.
But the fact is that such a heavy and dangerous food poisoning as botulism can be obtained by using products that look like and taste as if completely normal.
To avoid it, let's find out what botulism is from where it is taken and how to prevent it.
Botulism is a very serious illness, in many cases leading to death. Caused to toxins that highlight the wand - botulinus. This microbe is widespread in nature and enters canned food, if the raw material is blurred, or with poor-quality water. The microbe may be in canned matter and in the event that poor-quality raw materials were processed if sterilization regimes were not observed or misunderstanding dishes and equipment were used.
When sterilizing the sticks of botulus, they die, but the disputes that they multiply remain, t.To. For their destruction it is necessary to boil over 5-6 hours.
Once in canned food, disputes begin to germinate, develop, and the microbes that appeared allocate the strongest poison.
But attention! For the development of the stick, one mandatory condition is necessary: there must be completely absent air. T.E. The microbe can only develop in hermetically clapped canned. Also, the microbe does not develop in a very acidic environment, t.E in marinades with acidity of at least 1.6%.
Especially need to be careful when the mushroom harvesting. T.To. Mushrooms directly come into contact with the ground, the probability of getting into mushroom canned botulinus sticks is higher than when the billet of other fruits and vegetables.
It is also important that canned food infected with botulism can not be different from ordinary. Taste, color and smell determine the presence of poison is impossible.
To protect yourself and their loved ones from infection with this terrible disease, it is enough to fulfill a few simple rules:
- Thoroughly rinse in running water berries, vegetables, fruits and especially mushrooms intended for canning
- Use only clean equipment, dishes, washed and sterilized banks and covers
- Strictly observe all the cooking technology for canned food
- If you are going to prepare mushrooms, then do not ride banks with metal covers. Banks with pickled and salt mushrooms are better to cover with two sheets of paper and tie tight. Cool
- Toxin is destroyed by boiling. Therefore, if there are suspicions, the contents of canned mushroom cans need to be boiled for 25-30 minutes
Remember these simple rules, observe precautions and be healthy!