Afazia - decay, speech loss in an adult. Most often, it is the result of serious diseases or injuries of the brain, and in the first place in frequency there is a stroke.
Your loved one (mother, father, husband, brother) fell silent. And it seemed to have happened, well, the case is life, quarreled. And here… Silent day two. What to do?
First, after all, try to figure out what happened. Here it turns out - he (she) is not only silent, but also does not understand the converted speech. This situation happened about which they say «Death delay like». Most likely it is a stroke. Your actions:
- Call an ambulance!
- While waiting for the doctor - to put the patient, because the stroke can «creek», T.E. Being in the process of development, capturing the increasing hearth in the cerebral cortex.
- Do not panic and, if possible, calm the patient with a quiet voice (a cry, as with deafness anyway does not help). Gestures explain everything will be fine.
Your loved one, of course, is hospitalized, and will be treated already in the hospital. But be prepared for the fact that you are waiting for a long period of rehabilitation, during which a person will learn to speak again.
Here, finally, the end of the hospital mode and you are at home. Not always, not always, a person recovers for 21-24 days in the hospital. Feel free to ask doctors to do next, because the rehabilitation process (recovery) comes from six months to 6 years. Its duration depends:
- From the state of the vessels. Various surveys will show the ability of vascular tissue to restore or determine how much neighboring areas will be able to reimburse the lost function.
- From age patient. It does not mean at all that if you are 73, then nothing to wait. On the contrary, practice shows that older patients are restored faster and more. But the age factor must be taken into account.
- From the nature of the patient and the type of his psyche. People, «Fast on ascent», It is easier to adapt, grab help on the fly.
- From the help of a patient speech therapist. T.E. Patient needs lessons with speaking copes. Do not attempt yourself, without special training, start recovery, you can «Slap such wood», what not to fix. It is impossible to reverse the stereotypes of speech, which may appear with such incompetent aid. Do not render a close person «Bear Services», Agree that every case is your specialist.
If the speech therapist is not in your city, the village, try, first of all, to find out where you can get such a consultation. Adult speech therapists work in hospitals, where there are neurological branches or with clinics. Look for! Each patient has its own, unique picture of the disease.
Speech therapist in any case can not be with your relative constantly, so your role in rehabilitation is also important. Sufficiently elementary techniques. With the patient, you can catch together:
- Days of the week, month of the year
- Count to 10, 15, 20, up to 100
This applies to oral speech. But, as a rule, the letter and account suffers - the so-called Agrafy, Akalkulia, as well as reading - Alexy. There are actions that will not lead to irreparable consequences. For example, you can write a rather large font in a column:
- the names of loved ones;
- geographical names (emotionally significant for your relative associated with his life);
But you do not need to overload the patient with information, immediately giving a lot and in one day. It is necessary to act gradually, gentle, carefully, tactfully. Ask for a patient: «Show where it is written...» and say the word that you have written. For example: «Vanya, show where Samara is written». Word «Samara» Highlight with voice and t. NS.
Please, no lettering, alphabet and children's books! It deeply injures your patient. He does not study, he recalls, restored after the disease! An experienced specialist will help you find ways to further, and I really want to believe, to complete recovery.
Remember: In 99% of cases, the outcome of the disease depends on the competent treatment, care for your loved ones.