Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) brain — This is the safest and effective method of studying the nervous system and diagnostics of a number of serious diseases. He has its own characteristics, testimony and contraindications.
MRI of the brain
Modern method of research using MRI deserves special attention. This is a decent discovery in medicine, allowing without surgery to explore the internal organs and tissues, determine the flow rate of blood and the spinal fluid, observe the activity of the cerebral cortex.
Speaking of brain studies using MRI, should be emphasized a high level of informative and security of this method. By means of MRI in neurology, tumors, deformations of vessels and nerve nodes are diagnosed. In cases of the upcoming operational intervention, the doctor using tomography can observe the condition of the capillaries, tissues and the desired section of the cerebral cortex. The advantage of choosing such a study is the lack of radiation load, which speaks of complete safety for the patient and the possibility of holding a re-procedure if necessary.
For better diagnostics, special computer programs are used, creating a three-dimensional image of the required area of the organ.
MRI with contrast
The advantage of contrast is the high accuracy of the image of the studied brain structures, and the disadvantages include the fact that the contrasting strengthening in cases of pathologies of small bone structures is not very reliable.
MRI has expanded the possibilities in the diagnosis of neurosurgical and neurological brain diseases. Among the diseases recognized using this method, vascular malformations, brain hematoma, heart attack, sclerosis and a group of genetic ailments can be called.
The convenience of MRI consists in the fact that the procedure is absolutely painless and does not occupy a moment.
Negotiation of MRI brain
MRI helps to identify changes in the body in the early stages, put an accurate diagnosis and determine the treatment plan. There are a number of indications and contraindications to the magnetic resonance imaging. Consider in more detail when the study is really appropriate, and when not.
- If you have strong and long headaches, the head is obscure the head, vision and rumor is broken, there were ears of the head or dementary, it is definitely necessary to go through the MRI procedure.
- If your body has pacemakers, metal items of different kinds, artificial joints, plates, pins, then, unfortunately, to pass MRI is prohibited.
- During pregnancy up to three months it is better not to do MRI.
- Claustrophic, the presence of prostheses of heart valves, insulin pumps and non-metallic implants are relative contraindications. In such cases, the study can be done, but I need special training.
After successful magnetic resonance therapy, it is possible to accurately determine how specialized in the future to seek help.
Pros and cons of MRI brain vessels
MRI brain — The most informative, safe, absolutely painless and fast brain research procedure.
- MRI brain allows you to diagnose a number of serious neurosurgical and neurological diseases.
- MRI cannot be done in the presence of pacemakers, metal objects, artificial joints and pregnancy in the early stages.
- The procedure is quite expensive for the average citizen, but the result is worth it, the witness allows you to put an accurate diagnosis and identify the disease at an early stage, thereby ensuring high treatment efficiency.