Boric acid is part of many medicaldrugs, providing anti-inflammatory and antiseptic action. The drug is extremely topical, is used in the surgical departments for cleansing, healing and treatment of wound surfaces. Price and chemical properties make the drug most common antiseptic, allowing successfully combat wound infection and skin problems.
The substance - boric acid
The substance boric acid - powder without taste,smell, no irritation, has a crystalline structure or white color can be colorless. It refers to a group of poisons obschefunktsionalnogo action is obtained by the reaction of sulfuric acid with borax solution. Penetrating into the body through the skin into the bloodstream, they accumulate in the tissues and organs. 50% is excreted by the kidneys within 12 hours, a part of "sinks", the rest goes away gradually in the last 7 days. Boric acid crystals were stored in a dry dark place at 15-25 ° C.
Drugs with boric acid
Boric acid has many forms of drugs, both in pure form or as part of other drugs. The most popular form of application:
- A solution of boric acid based on ethyl alcohol 0.5-5%. The solution of boric alcohol is used for:
- treatment of healthy skin around the burn;
- instillation ears turundas impregnate gauze in chronic otitis (0.5 to 3%);
- chapped and dry skin (5%);
- pyoderma (pustular rash);
- fungal lesions.
Boric water-based solution is used:
- 1-4% - as a lotion;
- 2% - to wipe the skin with acne;
- 2-4% - for rinsing the oropharynx, washing (installations) of the urethra;
- 10% boric acid in glycerol solution is used for diaper rash, early bedsores, irritation of the cervix and vagina.
Boric acid is a part of the paste Teymurova, indispensable for diaper rash, excessive sweating - hyperhidrosis - as a disinfectant and podsushivatel.
Side effects of boric acid in the medicine
boric acid formulations in medicine have possible side effects:
- intoxication: acute course affects the brain, skin and mucous membranes, chronic - the sex cells and red blood cells;
- itching, burning, redness of the outer ear canal, allergies;
- ingestion - nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, skin rash, stomach pain, upset all systems, collapse and shock, for 7 days - death.
At the boric acid is a list of contraindications. Do not use:
- on large areas of skin;
- more than 7 days;
- when the danger of contact with eyes;
- with perforations in the eardrum;
- pregnant women - even a small dose of the drug with boric acid causes various pathologies of the fetus;
- in renal failure;