- Key triggers the growth of polyps in the nose
- How formed a polyp in the sinuses
- Polyps in the nose: the symptoms and stages of education
- Nasal polyps: Diagnosis
- Polyps in the nose: choose the correct treatment
Polyps are called abnormal growth of the mucoustissue forming outgrowth, towering above the mucous membrane of an organ. In the nose, nasal polyps called, their growth is often accompanied by allergic rhinitis. They do not have nerve endings, they are not sensitive to the touch and easy to move, outwardly resembling a bunch of grapes. Correct this pathology is called "polypoid rhinosinusitis", as a polyp is considered as a benign tumor.
The exact reason that causes mucosal tissue to perform the metamorphosis leading to the growth of nasal polyps is unknown.
Key triggers the growth of polyps in the nose
As with any disease, polypoid rhinosinusitis is caused by a number of factors that trigger the growth of polyps in the nose:
- infectious diseases of the upper respiratory tract, chronic character: rhinitis, sinusitis, sinusitis;
- chronic allergic diseases;
- fungal infections;
- cystic fibrosis;
- genetic predisposition;
- physiological or traumatic violation of the structure of the nose (fracture and a deviated septum, narrow nasal passages);
- salicylic acid intolerance.
How formed a polyp in the sinuses
The mechanism of the formation of polyps in the nasal sinus simple. The presence of persistent infection in the nose creates a persistent inflammation. The mucous membrane, which has a protective function, trying to resist the infection occurred. Initially, the body fails to "win" the inflammation. If the aid does not come long-awaited treatment, protection of mucosal arsenal is depleted. Then the body is trying to compensate for the gap dysfunctional mucosal hurry to grow a new strong mucosa. This leads to a widening of the polypoid tissue.
The following types of polyps:
- formed in the maxillary sinus (rare, grow on the one hand, more often in children);
- formed in the lattice maze (grow on both sides, there are adults).
Home occurrence polyp difficultto diagnose due to the duration of its growth from 2 to 4 years. Growing up in the nose, polyps, since their education in the axils of gradually descend into the nasal cavity, partially closing the passage for breathing. Such breathing discomfort in the nose manifests various symptoms.
Polyps in the nose: the symptoms and stages of education
The disease goes through three stages of development:
- I - polyps close only the top of the nasal septum;
- II - closed for more than half of the space;
- III - complete coverage of the space.
Symptoms grown polyps pretty obvious. There are the following:
- nasal congestion, which can not be cured by local medication means;
- Sinusitis caused progressive, which results in the absence of nasal breathing;
- frequent fatigue;
- gradual decline and loss of smell;
- sometimes taste disturbances;
- purulent discharge from the nose or mucous character;
- frequent colds (due to the fact that there is no circulation of air through the nose, nasal passages are not cleaned and moistened, creates beneficial environment for the growth of various bacteria);
- the appearance of the feeling that the nose is a foreign body;
- pain in the sinuses;
- possible tonsillitis, otitis, hearing loss.
Nasal polyps: Diagnosis
To diagnose the nasal polyps, the following studies:
- visual, palpation examination;
- CT scan of the sinuses.
Polyps in the nose: choose the correct treatment
Treatment of the resulting nasal polyps can beboth medical and surgical. Identify the growth of polyps at the initial stage it is not possible, and patients go to the doctor, having already formed the characteristic symptoms of polyps. In such cases, drug therapy is not effective. Suitable surgical treatment.
Operational method offers:
- Uninstalling using the loop (outdated and inefficient method for polyps to grow again in a year).
- Removal of polyps in the nose laser (painless, gentle method), has limitations:
- It applies in the event of a polyp of small size;
- frequent relapses, as polypoid tissue in the sinuses can not be removed.
- The endoscopic method (allows you to assess the situation through the monitor, and completely remove the polypoid tissue, relieving the patient from recurrence for many years).
When properly selected treatment after endoscopic surgery removal of polyps in the nose of their appearance can be avoided altogether. Postoperative therapy is long and includes:
- local care of the nasal mucosa;
- medications - nasal sprays hormonal;
- the absence of hypothermia.