General information about the disease
On abscess accounts for 20 to 40% of allproctology disorders. Men, he worries more often than women. The illness is characterized by a purulent inflammation of the adipose tissue, which is located near the rectum and in the area of the anal sphincter. Pathology may be:
- Tabasco - limited gnoesoderzhaschie cavity adipose tissue (abscess) formed and detected for the first time.
- Chronic - okolopryamokishechnye and perianalfistulas appear again after suffering human acute abscess. This is usually a result of incorrect or inadequate treatment of acute abscess.
On the classification of abscess
Depending on where the inflammation is localized, and the degree of propagation of acute abscess proctology divided into:
- Subcutaneous - treated easiest as purulent fusion is in the perianal region.
- Intrasfinkterny - inflammation extends to the anal sphincter tissue.
- Ishiorektalny - pus is in the iliac-rectal dimple.
- Pelviorektalny - inflammation goes inside the pelvis.
Why there paraproctitis?
If you notice any symptoms listed earlier,immediately contact the surgeon. After listening to and examining the patient if the doctor suspects paraproctitis then appoint some surveys. To accurately determine the location of the abscess, it is sometimes necessary to carry out a digital rectal examination in addition to the inspection. painful procedures, most often performed under general anesthesia, where the patient has already taken to the operating room. Studies confirm and allow to specify the diagnosis "acute abscess":
- Blood test.
- Ultrasound examination of the perineum - helps determine the size of the ulcer and its location.
- Radiography and CT coccyx and sacrum.
If there is suspicion of a chronic abscess,the doctor examines the anus, perineum, produces finger examination of the anal canal. When the fistula is found, doctors do sensing the stroke. Then he resorted to anoscopy, sigmoidoscopy, ultrasonography.
Fistulography it helps in chronic paraproctitis figure out the direction of the fistulous. For this fistula administered contrast agent and X-ray study conducted further.
abscess treatment with surgery alone. If an acute abscess, during the operation reveal purulent cavity. Surgery is performed under general anesthesia immediately, often resort to epidural or sacral anesthesia. An abscess is opened, evacuate the pus and put drainage. In the future, the wound heals itself or it closed with stitches. Such measures only cropped purulent process, but can not completely get rid of the disease. our website mentioned that it arises from the receipt of pus on the run from the crypt fistula rectum. Therefore, there is a certain risk that a repeat of the acute form happens paraproctitis or transition into a chronic form.
In the case of resorting to chronic abscessmore complex operations. Not only excised fistulous channel, but also defective tissue. Surgeons try to cut communication with the rectum, and then create favorable conditions so that the wound healed quickly.
After surgery, antibiotic therapy administered to a patient using, for example, gentamicin, cefotaxime, Amikacin. Daily dressings made with ointment Levomekol.
There are times when the doctors can not spendoperation. For example, if the patient is very elderly, if he is suffering from serious diseases or exhausted. Then try to assign these conservative methods that can improve the patient's condition. And only then proceed to surgery.
In addition to the radical surgery, keep the following rules in order to prevent recurrence:
- Fighting constipation. bowel movements should be regular.
- Eat different foods that contain a lot of fiber.
- Include in your diet yogurt, "Bifidok", kefir, fermented baked milk, cottage cheese.
- Products made of biscuit dough is better not to use.
- It is advisable to carry out after cleaning the bowel movement, to observe good personal hygiene.
- Do not gain weight.
- being treated in a timely manner anal fissures, Hemorrhoids, and other similar diseases.
- Suffering from diabetes, be sure to maintain a normal blood glucose concentration.
What are the complications of abscess?
If a person with paraproctitis slow for some reason to appeal to the proctologist, it can lead to adverse effects:
- The spread of intestinal contents to the location adrectal fiber. This happens due to purulent fusion stenochki rectum.
- Transition purulent inflammation in the scrotum, resulting in the possibility of its subsequent gangrene.
- The formation of purulent fistulae in the space between the vagina and the rectum.
- Necrosis of the skin in the zone of the abscess.
- The appearance of scars in the sphincters, the anal canal walls, the formation of pelvic adhesions.
- Breakthrough of pus in the retroperitoneal fat, the abdominal cavity, which is fraught with peritonitis, and cellulitis of the peritoneum. If this happens, there is a risk of blood poisoning (septicemia).
- Long-festering malignancy existing fistula.
To avoid severe complications if symptoms indicating abscess, do not delay - seek medical attention!