Ureaplasma and Mycoplasma - is one of thespecies of bacteria. In the scientific literature, including gynecologists, urologists and microbiologists are also long time conducted a discussion on the significance of the detection of ureaplasma in the vagina. Today this debate is largely completed. The position of modern medical science against Ureaplasma and Mycoplasma can be expressed as follows:
- Ureaplasma and Mycoplasma detected invagina, are a group of opportunistic microbes. This means that for most people, they do not cause disease, and "treat ureaplasma" they do not need. Some scholars suggest that the lowered immunity may aggravate the course of diseases caused by other - pathogenic microbes, but the exact evidence of this yet. Detection of mycoplasma and ureaplasma in the vagina rarely carries a risk of infertility, miscarriage and other complications.
- Ureaplasma vagina exhibit more than30% of healthy women. Therefore, many scholars even consider them part of the normal microflora of the vagina. Such organisms called commensals or saprophytes - benefit from them, maybe a little, but also no harm.
- Ureaplasma and Mycoplasma are almost alwaysmeet together with others - pathogens - germs, among which most often are chlamydia. Most Ureaplasma and Mycoplasma can be treated with the same antibiotics as chlamydia, ureaplasma but sensitive to one type of antibiotic, and mycoplasma - to others. About 10% of ureaplasmas resistant to the drugs tetracycline, doxycycline.
If you have nothing to bother to look for a ureaplasma not worth it.
If there are signs of inflammation, the Ureaplasma and Mycoplasma find the culprits in the least, if you do not find anything "frightening."
Detection of ureaplasma - is not yet diagnoseddisease. Find ureaplasma or mycoplasma using DNA diagnostics (PCR) is very easy, and accurate diagnosis ureaplasmosis or mycoplasma - not. If you think about how much it costs a PCR and appointed on the basis of its positive results "treatment", it is not difficult to guess that if someone is also profitable, then certainly not you. Treat you something, rather than your analysis.
A few years ago I was in Russiamethod for determining the distribution of biovars ureaplasmas (parvo and "960", it is now a separate Ureaplasma urealiticum and Ureaplasma parvo). It was assumed that some biovars cause ureaplasmosis, and others - are not present (ie, that the only true ureplazmu urealitikum pathogenic). Time has shown the fallacy of this assumption. PCR without any additional studies can not confirm the diagnosis of mycoplasma or ureaplasma.
If you have found a ureaplasma, and at the same time there are signs of inflammation, do not rush to take antibiotics. First you have to make sure how these microbes are guilty of inflammation.
One of the options when treated ureaplasmosisworth, it is to detect you ureaplasmas with chlamydia if there are signs of inflammation. Manifestations of this process in the urinary tract, generally the same and do not depend on the pathogen. Successful treatment of chlamydia often saves you from and ureaplasma.
However, in some cases, ureaplasma or mycoplasmashow as the only agents in inflammation. In such cases, the base may be for the diagnosis of mycoplasma and ureaplasma. Treatment of mycoplasma and ureaplasma can be shown:
- When established the risk of pregnancy complications.
- When infertility if no other reasons it is not installed.
- When surgery is planned or unsafe procedure on the genitals (not to bring germs into the wound).
- If there are signs of inflammation, confirmed accurate diagnosis
The classical method of diagnosis and ureaplasmosismycoplasma (the gold standard) is a crop of material from the urinary tract on a special environment with the release of the pathogen. It is important to count the microbes. These bacteriological studies should indicate that the contents of the so-called ureaplasmas titer is 1 to 10,000 ml, and wherein the other identified bacteria titre should be less than at least 10 times.
In modern hospitals carried out the most comprehensive version of the bacteriological diagnosis of mycoplasma and ureaplasma. It produces:
- Sowing on a special medium.
- Cultivation and isolation of the pathogen.
- His identification to species (Mycoplasma hominis, M. genitalium, U. urealiticum).
- Quantitative accounting to determine the titer of the pathogen.
- Determination of antibiotic sensitivity of the test system bio Merieux (France).
In the diagnosis of a number of forms, and mycoplasmaureaplasmosis used definition of antibodies to antigens of different species of mycoplasma and ureaplasma. With it, one can see how your body reacts to these microbes. If the reaction is, then, most likely, they are responsible for the inflammation. This test is also available in modern hospitals.
What if you accidentally or by chance found a ureaplasma or mycoplasma PCR? It depends on whether you have a complaint and symptoms of inflammation at the moment.
If some of you are concerned about the phenomenon - shouldunderstand their real reason, which, in some cases, may be ureaplamoz / mycoplasmosis. Treat the disease should be, an accurate diagnosis is to be installed. Errors with medication can be avoided by knowing which drugs selected microbes can be resistant.
If there are no symptoms and no complaints, and you are not at risk (see. Above), there is no reason to be treated and it is not necessary to worry about.
With modern positions, ureaplasmosis not considered a sexually transmitted disease, so "checked" especially it is not necessary.