Angioedema - a dangerous manifestation of allergicreaction that can lead not only to an asymmetric swelling of the face, neck, upper limbs, but also to the compression of fatty tissue edema of the larynx deep structures of the neck. This means that at high speed of development, angioedema is able to block the access of air and cause suffocation and death. That is why everyone should know and imagine how you can help a person at any stage of the development of angioedema of the larynx.
Angioedema may subside long enoughtime more than one day, and sometimes more than a week. However, it often develops quickly, within a few minutes or hours. So, what to do when angioedema before the arrival of an ambulance (which should immediately call):
- Eliminate the allergen that provoked reaction
- Try to bring the remains of the allergen from the body - a large amount of liquid, chelators, artificial vomiting, squeezing the insect poison from the wound, the change of the place of stay
- Give the patient antiallergic agent - intablets, intravenous or intramuscular injection. If you can get a shot - this method should be preferred, since the absorption of the tablets from the stomach takes indefinitely
- If the patient is prone to angioedema - it can be in the home medicine cabinet or personal bag and hormones - prednisolone, dexamethasone - they can also be used
If you - the mother of a young child, put his first aid kit and a small vial prednisolone syringe. In an emergency, severe allergy development it can be a means of salvation.
Another drug which can be usedallergies such as angioedema - this adrenaline (One-half subcutaneously), but this kind of emergency when angioedema is better to leave the brigade ambulance, and independently apply only in life-threatening situations.
All of the above can serve as a guide toaction at any stage of angioedema and other allergic manifestations. But when developed angioneurotic edema of the larynx, all used drugs may not have time to act before the arrival of ambulance crews, and there are one or two minutes on the airway. After this time, developing a loss of consciousness, two minutes later - cardiac arrest, even after five minutes - biological death of the cerebral cortex, after which resuscitation is useless. Total seven to nine minutes, and every second - their weight in gold.
Restore the airway atangioedema can be difficult even experienced. Perform intubation in a closed vocal throat slit, shifted relative to the middle - is difficult. There are two main methods of dissection of the larynx and trachea from the access to the neck - is a tracheotomy and konikotomiya. Tracheotomy - a full-fledged operation that can be performed in the "field" conditions, but we must be able to do so, have the time and tools. In emergency situations, doctors use the procedure konikotomii that the power of any one, when at stake is someone's life.
performance technique. You will need:
- a thin, sharp cutting object - blade razor, a sharp knife, a needle of a medical syringe (the tip is able to make a thin cut as finely honed), scalpel
- rigid tube diameter of 0.5 to 1 cm(Approximately), this role will suit body ballpoint pens, sticks for children's balloons, cocktail tubes rolled in a tube piece of the cover of a glossy magazine
- There are special arrangements for konikotomii, in the form of a tube with a stopper - on the one hand a sharp pricking of the
- Lay the patient on the floor, on a cushion to atcushion the chest and shoulders, and his head fell back freely ago. Feel for the Adam's apple and fingers slide down below - to the cricoid cartilage, which is perceived by touch as a wedding ring
- Grab a knife fingers for 1-2 cm from the tipand make a cross-section between the two cartilages. Expand the resulting hole with a finger or the blunt end of a scalpel, insert a straw in it. If there was not spontaneous breathing - start to breathe in the air duct.