Previously, allergy to drugs has been a matter of quiterare - whether the population was healthier, do better the environment. Or maybe a combination of both. Today we have come to the alarming figures: 7 to 15% of people can produce an allergic reaction to various medications. Statistics confirm that one half percent with "collision" with a certain drug may die. This is 750 thousand deaths in the potential.
Individual intolerance of drugs - one of theserious problems of practical medicine. Incredibly diverse in its manifestations, and it can be masked by conventional poisoning, and for the infectious disease brought from tropical latitudes. The most common allergies are not beyond the scope of local manifestations - skin rash, swelling. There may be lesions of the upper and lower respiratory tract: rhinitis, cough, bronchospasm. However, among the cutaneous manifestations there are severe cases, such as Lyell's syndrome, when in response to the introduction of the drug on the skin appear and burst bubbles, leaving large unprotected surface, releasing the liquid. It - patients for resuscitation.
Among the most dramatic drug complications - death from anaphylactic shock. Pathological diagnosis and sounds like that.
Anaphylactic shock - one of the extreme forms ofdrug allergy. "Anaphylaxis" is translated from the Greek - "helplessness". When first entering a potentially dangerous drug shock never happens, but in the next 7-12 days in the body develops a state of heightened sensitivity to the drug, which remains for a lifetime; It is genetically determined condition. If after some time to re-enter even a small dose of the drug, the negative reaction of the body might break out instantly, just a few minutes. The shock is not always possible to predict, because the patient does not always know what is already taking a dangerous drug for themselves.
In shock all "events" are developing around the vesselsconnective tissue. On average, 3-30 minutes after administration of the drug dilates blood vessels, increasing their permeability, which leads to a sharp drop in pressure and irregular heartbeat. Disables consciousness appear convulsions, choking. If a shock occurs at home, doctors are advised to immediately call "fast", but for now she was going - to do artificial respiration. The first signs of allergies do not always look threatening - sneezing, watery eyes, swelling of the eyelids, hoarseness, wheezing.
Until full recovery - about 7-14 days -the patient is in the hospital: always check the required function of the liver and kidneys. In posleshokovom period, there is a general weakness, malaise frequently observed with the cardiovascular and nervous systems.
In very rare cases, anaphylactic shockgoes away, the vast majority of required medical care. Unless, of course, the tragedy does not end in a matter of minutes. Killed usually from heart disorders and suffocation.
Survivors of anaphylactic shock often panicafraid of any and all drugs. Re "make friends" with medications to help long-term therapy and oral test dummies - neutral substances. Fortunately, anaphylaxis is uncommon.
With high probability we can assume in advance the development of allergic reactions. She was exposed to people who:
- have a genetic predisposition to this allergy;
- suffer from bronchial asthma, allergic rhinitis, atopic dermatitis and allergic;
- for a long time used the same drug;
- take multiple medications for other purposes different doctors;
- self-medicate, especially with the use of antibiotics;
- by virtue of their profession have to constantly communicate with medications.
The degree of allergy and depends on the method of administrationmedication. When it comes to antibiotics, the safest ones in tablets. The risk increases if the same drug administered by injection. And the most dangerous way - inhalation.
Statistics show that:
- rural drug intolerance occurs less frequently than in the city;
- Women with allergies is almost two times more than men;
- often allergy "chooses" people aged 20-49 years.
Risk factors for side effects of contrast media:
- age greater than 50;
- cardiovascular disease, hypertension;
- chronic renal failure, hyper-lithemia;
- allergic diseases including bronchial asthma.
And our, and foreign doctors believe thatToday radiopaque - the most informative and reliable method for the diagnosis. Did not plan on it. Some reduce the sad statistics of new drugs with the fewest complications. With a high probability of complications method is replaced by ultrasound (when possible).
Hereditary factor allergies not going anywhere. If allergy suffers one parent, the child in every fourth case, repeat this fate. And if allergies - both parents, then the child's chances of being healthy are relatively small - only 60-70%.
- improper maternal nutrition during pregnancy;
- recurrent acute respiratory viral infections;
- artificial feeding; goiter;
- allergies to vaccines;
- endocrine disorders.
If your child has allergies, prepare tothat will often visit an allergist and consult with him about the new food, new drugs need to do or not to do the next vaccination. It is believed that allergy - a way of life, the quality of which can affect indoor plants, animals, the incidence of colds. In addition, for small Allergy greater danger is posed by the bites of bees or wasps.
Drug allergy - a complex phenomenon. In a sense, it's a lottery. Despite the fact that the group found the most "sensitive" people, the rest should not relax. By and large, the surprises on the part of the immune system are unpredictable. Around us there are about 5 million. A variety of substances, and no one can say for sure how to react to a meeting with them, even a healthy body. As for drugs, the cause of allergies can be almost anyone. Including the one that is intended for the treatment of allergies. So if you encounter even a mild intolerance to some drugs is wise to see a doctor. Professional owns diagnostic methods aware of the possible complications.
Without it does not do. You can, of course, eliminate all contact with the allergen, but what to do if, for example, an allergy is life-saving medicine? In addition, independently determine the cause of the protest does not always succeed. And they can be a lot - and overdose, and just a side effect.
Even if you managed to get rid of mild allergies,It should still be wary. Allergies, especially medicines, only progressing with time; each subsequent case is more severe than the previous one. In addition, drug intolerance often associated with food allergies. Hypoallergenic diet included in the complex treatment and prevention.
And the first thing the doctor cancels allnezhizneobespechivayuschie drugs; others rely on drugs to replace other pharmacological groups. When the acute phase behind us, are testing different substances. Examination is laboratory (in vitro) and directly on the patient (skin provocation test).
Skin tests did not do during pregnancy, lactation, and during the first days of menstruation.
No matter how hard you try, and most do not live without drugsout. Uses they bring much more than harm. Of course, in the treatment of herbs often help, but no modern doctor did not advise you to completely abandon chemical medicines today humanity is suffering such complex ailments, before which all are powerless to botanical gardens of the world put together.
This is not a call without interruption to swallow tablets. Rather, this process should be more careful as possible. Time bomb ticking sound. Any medicine - semi-finished product. A full, active product, it becomes, when coupled with the proteins of the body, forming antigens. With once nothing terrible will happen, but if for every occasion swallow analgin, paracetamol and other improvised non-prescription pills, these multiple compounds accumulate as many antigens that are widely unfold the hidden process of sensitization, which sooner or later can cause terrible allergic reactions. Therefore, some allergists is of the opinion that each drug must be released strictly on prescription - at least due to the fact that the anaphylactic shock, sometimes develops in just a second after contact with the allergen, and 99% of the population have no idea what to do about it in the first queue.
To minimize the risk, the following rules must be followed.
- If you are allergic to the drug or if it suffers from some of your immediate family, tell your doctor to whom you have come to the reception.
- If after taking any medication youallergic reaction occurred, with repeated use, it will develop again. Therefore, without waiting for the second time, be sure to ask your doctor to tell you the name of this medication. Write it down.
- If the prescribed medication has caused you allergies, make a visit to the allergist. He will pick up harmless counterpart, today's real.
- If even once you have had an anaphylacticshock in the future it is necessary to periodically visit an allergist. His advice is required each time you use a new drug, and before any surgical intervention.
- If watery eyes, runny nose begins atfinding in the cellar, with the use of champagne or Roquefort cheese, most likely you are allergic to mold. In this case, drugs penicillin - your potential enemies.
- People with allergic constitution, it is better not to get involved in the food with nutritional supplements and not to try to folk remedies yourself. A prescribing drugs should be administered only by a physician.
- Do not mix with antihistaminesantibiotics. Both are potential allergens. In the mixed doubles event of enemy recognition can be stretched over time, bringing a significant deterioration in health.
- Read the summary before taking medicines -good habit, but it is unable to fully insure you. So, you do not learn from the summary that sulfadimetoksin and Biseptol - from one "family" with novocaine. And if you konfliktuete with one of these drugs, and the others also will play against you. There are other related chain, without which the doctor does not understand.
- Also, cases of intolerance iodine. If this is one of your problems, warn you about this before X-ray diagnostics. And, of course, do not lubricate the wound with iodine, throat and draw nets. It is believed that most "reject" Iodine people with red hair and very white skin. Preparations containing iodine generally contain the word in the title. But there are exceptions, for example, antistrumin and some other prescription drugs.
- When you receive a sedative medication containing bromine check if the rash does not appear on the body. Anaphylactic reactions do not worry, its probability is extremely small - less than one hundredth of a percent.
Doctors believe that the number of allergicReactions can be markedly reduced by prophylactic measures. People at risk need before every "communication" with the new drug be diagnosed for a possible drug allergy. Check does not interfere with those who in the past have even been isolated cases of intolerance to the drug. And those who have a medical card on the cover reads "anaphylactic shock", the doctors and do not forget to test on all sides. For this purpose, use a whole range of laboratory techniques and provocative tests - dermal, inhalation, sublingual, etc...