The quartz lamp - a method of treating diseases
Kvartsevanie now applied everywhere. However, before using a quartz lamp for the treatment is necessary to consult on contraindications and suitable dosage with your doctor.
Good results can be achieved only if the instructions to perform exactly the attending physician. Everyone responds to treatment individually, so there are no general rules.
The skin of different people differently sensitive toUV rays. It depends on age, general condition of the body, epidermal thickness, skin type and time of year (spring and increased susceptibility decreases in the fall after the exposure to the sun in summer). More pronounced erythema (redness) after exposure observed in blondes.
If the patient is very sensitive anddry skin, which is easily covered with cracks, as well as if there are dilated blood vessels, you must opt out of the quartz lamp treatment, in this case, we recommend the use darsonval apparatus.
Ultraviolet rays are biologically active andinept use of the irradiator can cause serious harm. Therefore, exposure of an adult or a child should only be prescribed by a doctor and with the precise dosage.
Basic rules for the use of quartz lamps
The very first rule of using a quartz lamp - compulsory donning safety glasses (as a rule, they are included). All sites that are not subject to irradiation, carefully close the towel.
Irradiation person must be performed within 5 minutes after the ignition quartz lamp, because During this time it is set stable operation.
UV lamp should be on50 cm from the irradiated skin. Before radiation smear the skin with oil or cream (better sun), but not very abundant. Butter or cream should be rubbed uniformly.
Exposure time should be increasedgradually, from 0.5 minutes and bringing up to 3 minutes. Each subsequent exposure is increased by 0.5-1 minutes. The number of exposures of the same area of skin should not exceed 5 sessions (1 session per day).
It is very important to follow the recommended timeexposure, ie. to. increase the procedure time can lead to overdrying of the skin and cause pigmentation. At the end of the session, turn off the quartz lamp can be switched on again after the complete cooling for 15 minutes.
It is not recommended to carry out the irradiation in casesincreased body temperature, and recovering from a serious illness. Before Kvartsevanie patients with weakened body and (or) with dry skin should consult with a physician. Quartz lamps not designed for tanning procedures. In addition, in the exposure zone should not be house plants and animals. When the feed observe fire safety rules.
There are people whose body does not tolerateUV or artificial or real (the sun). If after some time after the session starts severe headache, nerve irritation, dizziness, it is better to stop the procedure.
The main indications and contraindications to the use of quartz lamps
When using a quartz lamp for kvartsevaniya(Disinfection) of premises for the purpose of disinfection contraindications are not relevant, since the handling of the device human exposure can be avoided. Contraindications to the use of quartz lamps are:
- kidney failure
- cardiovascular failure
- disorders of the endocrine system
- neoplasms (tumors)
- hypertrichosis (thickening of the nail plate)
- dilated surface blood vessels
- active form of tuberculosis
- bleeding tendency
- acute and chronic inflammatory processes in the acute stage
- hypertension stage II-III
- circulatory insufficiency stage II-III
- thyrotoxicosis (thyroid disease)
- peptic ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer in the acute stage
- systemic blood diseases
- far gone atherosclerosis of the cerebral arteries and coronary vessels
- hypersensitivity to ultraviolet radiation
List of indications to the use of UV-rays in medicine is quite broad. The list includes diseases of different systems of the body:
- acute and chronic diseases of the joints
- allergic rhinitis
- bronchial asthma
- acute respiratory infections of the tonsils
- Respiratory diseases
- inflammation of the upper respiratory tract (ear, nose and throat): sore throat, rhinitis, and others.
- diseases of the female genital organs
- skin diseases
- peripheral nervous system diseases
- wounds (local exposure)
- Compensation ultraviolet deficiency in order to increase the body's resistance to various infections
- Vitamin D deficiency
- prevention of rickets
- tuberculous lesions of bone
- disease-band and mucous membranes of the human body
- trophic ulcers and bed sores
When used in the treatment of the quartz lampbe sure to observe the fairly simple precautions, otherwise avoid unpleasant consequences will not succeed. Respect for basic personal safety rules - the key to successful treatment.