According to statistics from the 18-20% of people at least once in a lifetimecase of a momentary loss of consciousness. And fainting, unfortunately, occur frequently in the wrong place at the wrong time. Fainting condition is not dangerous and is the only adaptive, when the body when there is insufficient blood supply to the brain or power, as it were, into a "power save" mode. However, in some cases, fainting may indicate faults in the cardiovascular, nervous and endocrine systems.
- Reflex simple fainting can occur whenDysfunction of the autonomic nervous system, severe fatigue, sleep deprivation, severe pain, nerve strain, at long stay in a stuffy room. The mechanism of their development involves dilation of the blood vessels of muscles, drop in blood pressure and blood flow to the brain.
- Situational reflex syncope developcoughing, swallowing, after meals or at the time of urination stool. This type of short-term loss of consciousness include carotid sinus syndrome, when a person falls into a state of syncope due to too tight collar or tie tighten. Situational syncope are orthostatic arising at the time of an abrupt transition from horizontal to vertical position, especially after prolonged bed rest.
- Fainting can accompany diabetes, alcoholism, amyloidosis, characterized by lesions of the peripheral nerves and their dysfunction.
- Receiving drugs reduce blood pressure, sedatives, vasodilators, tranquilizers can also cause loss of consciousness.
- Status fainting may indicate heart disease, sudden cardiac arrhythmia, the defeat of the arteries that feed the brain.
- Loss of consciousness may result in anemia, dystonia, epilepsy, stroke and transient ischemic attack, diseases accompanied by increased intracranial pressure.
Despite the menacing list still wantIt noted that often have to deal with the usual reflex syncope. Loss of consciousness is always preceded by lightheadedness and possible syncope means to be frightened it is not necessary, it should only take steps to restore the cerebral circulation.
Simple fainting starts with mistingconsciousness, slight dizziness, ringing in the ears, nausea, yawning, enhance intestinal motility. The skin becomes pale, hands and feet cold and wet on the face are the droplets of sweat, pupils dilate, your blood pressure decreases, pulse frequent and weak. Follow-headed complete loss of consciousness accompanied by severe weakness, decreased muscle tone and soft, smooth fall.
Simple syncope usually lasts severalseconds if unconsciousness lasts longer possible sporadic jerking of muscles, in rare cases - involuntary urination and defecation.
What should I do if there is tendency to fainting intransport, in a stuffy room? First of all, avoid situations that provoke fainting. Do not stand for long, not to rise sharply, do not overwork, do not tolerate the pain, shorter, avoid extreme physical and mental stress.
If you suddenly feel the truck loomingsyncope, cross your legs and dramatically tense muscles of the thighs and the press. This will increase blood flow to the extremities to the head and prevent the loss of consciousness. If you are on the street, you can sit down on one knee and lean forward, as if to tie his shoes.
People who are prone to fainting spells, do not wear tight collar, tie, not to turn his head sharply and dramatically not get up.
Those who suffer from low blood pressure and blood haspressure is below 100/60 mm, it is recommended to strengthen the blood vessels and autonomic nervous system. The training will help contrasting soul, dousing with cold water, sauna, massage, exercise. At the first signs-headed necessary to moisten your face with cold water, lie down, placing his head below the level of the body, and legs and arms - above the collar unbuttoned.
Syncope caused by hypoglycemia, or reductionblood sugar levels, most often occur in people suffering from diabetes. However, even in a healthy person can quite "hungry" fainting in the fall in blood glucose levels below 2.8 mmol / l. This easy hypoglycemia occurs after a long break in the meal or strenuous work. It is accompanied by a sudden feeling of "brutal" hunger is not dangerous to life, and to improve the condition of enough to eat candy, drink a glass of sweet juice.
Attention! Frequent and prolonged fainting, loss of consciousness, accompanied by a sensation of breathlessness, palpitations, heart sinking, headache indicate the need to consult a doctor.