Human lacrimal system and its structure
The main lacrimal gland and a number of importantnecessary functions that ensure the normal operation of the cornea eye. It is situated on the outside of the orbit in the corner, and in response to any stimulus begins to secrete tears. The reason for that may be harmful environmental factors: wind with dust, sun, cold, allergy, as well as our emotions: tears of happiness or unhappiness.
Under normal conditions in the absence ofstimuli eyes moistened small glands located in the mucosa. When the tear washes eyeball, it flows into the inner corner of the eye, the lacrimal lake. A tearful point fluid circulates in thin tubules and collects in the lacrimal sac, which is located between the wings of the nose and the inner corner of the eye. From this point of the liquid moves into the nasal cavity, which is why, when we cry, simultaneously begins to flow from the nose.
Being the most sensitive organ, the eye is veryIt is susceptible to external influence and responds to it. Tear protects the eyeball from irritation, but factors causing watery eyes, very much.
If you accidentally damage the mucous membraneeye or found on it mote, rinse the eye. On the street it can be done the usual mineral water without gas, and in the home infusion need to use black or green tea.
- Excessive and unwarranted tearing can be eliminated with the help of anti-inflammatory drops.
- Eyewash and other treatments should be performed by a specialist.
- Symptoms of allergic conjunctivitis areitching, redness and tearing. As treatment take allergy medications and eye drops instilled such as Dexamethasone. In any case, treatment must be prescribed by a doctor.
- Purulent discharge with tears and itching may indicate the presence of keratitis or microbial conjunctivitis. In parallel, the patient begins to deteriorate eyesight. These diseases require emergency treatment and medical monitoring.
- It happens so that the newborn babies in the corners of his eyes going to the mucus, which may indicate weak patency of lacrimal system. As a fix the problem prescribed Floksal drops prescribed massage of the lacrimal sac and washing if necessary.
- In the operating room conduct rinsing lacrimal system for their permeability. This procedure is called dacryocystorhinostomy.
- If eye shell retain moisture, it will help solve the problem of eye drops, which further moisturize and protect the eyes from external stimuli.
Traditional methods of treatment
Eyestrain can be eliminated with the help ofdecoction of chamomile, calendula, cornflower and plantain. A cotton swab dipped in the broth has cooled down, to be imposed on both eyes and hold for about 30 minutes. Additionally, the following procedures can be carried out at home:
- Mask of fresh potatoes eliminate the watery eyes, relieve swelling and redness. Grated potatoes should be carefully spread on the face and leave it for 40 minutes, then wash with warm water;
- Tampons can also be moistened in broth of 2spoons of wheat, filled with 1 liter of boiling water. The procedure is best done before bedtime. This recipe is very effective in the eye lacrimation. Tampons should keep his eyes on the 10 minutes, repeated daily for 2 weeks;
- First aid in the flow of tears from the eyes - it is black tea, lotions from which you want to do for 15 minutes.
If you have sensitive eye shellapple, watery eyes are constantly in the cold or in sunny weather, you provide your body with beneficial vitamins that contribute to strengthening eye capillaries. Add to your diet raw carrots, drink of the juice with the addition of sour cream or cream. A lot of vitamin A in the persimmon, bell peppers, apricots and pumpkin.
Beneficial effect on the eyes healing teas from medicinal plants. These are:
- rose hips, rich in vitamin C. Half a cup of broth hips on a daily basis, and the vessels of the eye is well strengthened;
- infusion of the dried leaves of currants is composed of magnesium, sulfur, copper, silver and volatile. This drink should be taken 3 times a day for 1 tablespoon;
- It is known for its strong antioxidants blueberries, improve the strength of the eye capillaries.
Include in your diet foods listed above, as well as make contrasting lotions on the eyes and very soon you will forget about that pesky problem as watery eyes.
To prevent tearing the following tips professional ophthalmologists:
- Alternate work and rest, do not forget to carry out exercises for the eyes.
- Eat balanced. The daily diet must be present vitamin B2 and potassium.
- Give up the self-selection of optics. Glasses and lenses for eyes should choose your doctor.
- Being in the sun or the cold, cover your eyes glasses.
- Use a high-quality and antiallergenic cosmetics for the eyes.
- The dried air to moisturize your home, lighting quality should be acceptable.
- Keep clean hands, mouth, nose and eyes. It is in these areas of most bacteria multiply.
If even with a clear performance of allpreventive measures eyes still watery, then our site recommends that you consult with an ophthalmologist. The doctor will perform tear ducts rinsing procedure or prescribe a course of additional treatment.