The causes of lactose deficiency
The composition of breast milk, among other usefulComponents include a special ingredient - milk sugar or lactose. Once in the body, it splits lactose into glucose and galactose, and facilitates this process a special enzyme - lactase. The pathological condition in which there is no normal digestion of mother's milk, is triggered by deficiency of the enzyme. Among the main causes of this problem are the following:
- Premature infants. The fact that the lactase production in fetal gut begins at 24 weeks of gestation. The children who were born prematurely, the formation of the desired amount of the enzyme is not yet complete, therefore poorly internalize grudnichki preterm milk. Note that in some cases, this problem disappears by itself as soon as the child becomes older than a few weeks.
- Sometimes lactase deficiency is caused by a genetic predisposition. In this case, the child prescribed medications for correction of this condition.
- To provoke a decrease in the number of produced enzymes may also be transferred infant viral diseases. DysbacteriosisWhich occurs in the intestine as a result of exposure to the pathogen results in reduced production of lactose.
The types of lactose deficiency
Manifestations of lactose deficiency of primary and secondary type is similar. MipSovetov identified the symptoms that accompany this condition:
- Upset chair after eating milk or milk products. enzyme deficiency is fraught with the appearance of liquid stool, often with a sour odor and foam.
- Education gases feeling abdominal distention, A sense of wildness in the intestines are also symptoms of lactose deficiency.
- Cramping and cramping often accompany such a disease. Small child becomes moody, constantly crying, tightens legs to the stomach.
- When lactose deficiency in crumbs may appear frequent regurgitation.
- Sometimes a child's chair contains fragments of undigested food.
- Infants with a similar enzyme disorder poorly gaining weight.
At the first suspicions of lactose deficiency should consult a doctor and conduct appropriate tests.
Diagnosis of the disease
Let's consider in more detail how we can identify this kind of deviation:
- At the beginning of the human diet excludes all kindsdairy products, and then some time watching his condition. If the work of the gastrointestinal tract to normal, eating slowly injected a small amount of milk. At the resumption of symptoms can confirm the presence of the patient lactose deficiency.
- The second way to diagnose the disease - Analysisfeces. People with this problem stool samples contain significant amounts of undigested carbohydrates. This method helps to identify problems in infants who are fed only breast milk.
- The pH of the test - the third method of diagnosislactose deficiency. If the air exhaled by the patient after consuming milk products, contains a large amount of hydrogen - this indicates a lack of cleavage of milk sugar in the body.
Treatment of lactose deficiency
For each individual child's needselect an individual way to eliminate this problem. The first step is to adjust the power of the patient. For babies who are bottle-fed, selected special lactose-free or Low-mix.
A slightly different approach is used with respect to thebabies who are breastfed. It is no secret that the breast milk of women conventionally divided into "front" and "rear". The second embodiment contains in its structure much less lactose than the first. This is why babies should be fed "back" milk. It can be done in the following way:
- Before serving, it is necessary to express the first portion of the milk.
- During one feeding should not change the chest.
- We need to try to put the baby more often during the night.
- It is not necessary to pick up the crumbs from his chest as long as he is not fully satisfied.
If the symptoms do not disappear lactose deficiency possibly toddler will have to temporarily relocate to an artificial mixture adapted to low-lactose.
If the deficiency of enzymes is the result of a disease of the digestive system, to solve the problem would be enough to eliminate its root cause.
Lactose deficiency in adults
Reduced production of lactase can be observed not only in young children, but also adults. Several reasons for this:
- Age-related changes that affect the composition of the enzymes produced by the intestines.
- Congenital lactose intolerance. It should be noted that such cases are rare.
- Acquired lactase deficiency,which arose as a result of this illness. Very often such a phenomenon is a consequence of inflammatory processes in the digestive organs. After the elimination of the underlying problem, the functioning of the intestine cells returns to normal and the body's ability to break down the milk sugar is restored.
To diagnose lactose deficiency inadult simply. Man watching his condition, says that his health is deteriorating after receiving several dairy products: there are abdominal pain, flatulence, upset his chair. After exclusion from the diet of milk feeling comes back to normal. If there is any doubt on this score, it is possible to carry out some research and make an accurate diagnosis.
Often, no specific treatment foreliminate this problem is not required, because the adult is able to self monitor their diet. When the described symptoms, it should only restrict the use of products from whole milk, and all the necessary body substances can be obtained from other foods. In severe cases, lactose insufficiency treated with medication given to patients and probiotics preparations containing lactase.