A newborn baby is endowed with a variety of skills,that it will be useful on the path to adulthood. Some of them have gone to three or four months. These skills are called unconditioned reflexes - the simplest automatic actions controlled by the primitive centers of the brain and spinal cord. Some reflexes appear together with the crumbs, that is, from birth, and some - a little later.
All newborn reflexes have pronouncedprotective function. The main tasks that they carry: the protection of vital organs and help in adapting to life in the environment, in fact, ensuring the survival of man in various stages of maturation.
All reflexes are checked back in neonatologisthospital and later pediatrician and neurologist at the planned reception - this is done in order to verify the proper development of children and exclusion of the slightest suspicion of deviation. Parents need to know what their baby has reflexes to follow the inspection and ask questions. Let's look at the most basic of them.
No less important for child survival in the environment. They are also very diverse and many of them fade in of three or four age. Here are the main ones:
- Reflex creeping Bauer. If crumbs lay on his tummy and substitute his hand to his heels, the baby immediately try to crawl. There are children who are trying to crawl and without support - that is why the child can not be left on the exposed surface unattended.
- Protective newborn reflex. Very important automatism, which is present from the first days of life. If the baby lay on his tummy, he immediately turn his head to the side, so that the nozzle was an opportunity to breathe freely.
- Reflex automatic walk. This automatism is controlled by the same spinal cord. If the child is put in a vertical position and place on a support (couch or floor), the baby immediately would start to stand, and if his body a little tax forward - it will move the legs, as if walking in. This reflex in the newborn dies to four months.
- Grasping reflex and reflex Robinson. These automatisms help to maintain close ties with the mother. This unconscious clenching fingers of the baby. Inherited mankind is the ability of the animals, it helps the young cling to the mother's fur. So kids firmly cling to everything proposed, for example, the fingers and can be lifted into the air (this is Robinson's reflex). With about four months of age is the ability to fade, and replace it comes already conscious gripping objects of interest of the child.
- Reflex Galant. If you retreat to 1.5 cm from the long axis of the spine and soft touch in this area, the baby immediately vygnet arc back toward the stimulus.
- Reflex Perez. Typically, doctors perform the test at the last turn, because she is the baby crying. With gentle pressure necessary to fingertips over Osistem spinal processes. In response, the child extends the torso and bend arms and legs.
- Moro reflex. If you carry cotton in the vicinity of the head kid (15 centimeters), it will cause the following reaction: child planted pen aside and unclench fists, and then as if hugging himself.
These reflexes are controlled by the medulla oblongataand the center of the midbrain. In the future, these reflexes (after timely extinction) will help the newborn to learn motor skills such as standing, crawling, and then sitting and walking.
- Symmetrical and asymmetrical tonic neckreflexes. The first is that if you tilt the baby's head to his chest, then he starts to bend and straighten arms and legs. And if the child lying on the back to turn the head so that it will be on his shoulder, he immediately razognet arms and legs, which bend and facing the opposite - it will be asymmetrical reflex.
- The labyrinth tonic reflex. When the child is lying on his back, this reflex is actively coached extensor muscles, and when the stomach - flexor muscles.
- Neck rectifying reaction. This reflex is controlled by the brain has an average center and looks just like a coup from the back to the belly that so pleases the parents.
- Straightening reflex body. He begins working with six-eight months of age, causing the baby together with the rotation of the neck to rotate the shoulders, torso and then the pelvis. Very well coached kid to the ability to stand, sit, roll over.
- Protective reaction arms. Also controlled by the average center of the brain and is manifested in a rather conscious change in the position of pens in accordance with the change in his body position in space.
- Landau reflex. If you raise the baby in the air in the form of a swimmer, the person looked down, he immediately raises his head and razognet torso, arms and legs.
Nature is very well taken care of and thought outeach step of growing a little man, and language functioning unconditioned reflex acts can tell a lot. It is important to regularly show the baby's doctor for verification and objective assessment of its reflexes. Often deviation from the norm can be a symptom of diseases of the nervous system of the baby.