Halitosis - a common problem,associated with both clinical and a social disadvantage. Halitosis - a special medical term for bad breath any origin. Man, adapted to their own smell, which is expressed not too much, can not ignore it. But it also happens that the smell comes suddenly or periodically, paying attention to themselves.
Halitosis - always a sign of disturbances, that is,disease at different levels - from the system to the molecular. The most common immediate cause of halitosis is hidden in the mouth, and is to shift the composition of microflora in the direction of anaerobic bacteria during chronic gum disease and periodontal, dental caries, smoking, dryness of the mucous membrane of the mouth, caused by taking certain medications. Sign of a serious disease breath is a limited number of cases, and generally facilitates diagnosis.
Traditional medicine breath can be masked or reduced, but the cure is unlikely. The most popular of them are:
- Rinse weak decoction of chamomile, sage, strawberry leaves, lemon balm, thyme, a solution with a few drops of tea tree oil
- Chewing aromatic spices, such as bay leaf, cloves, parsley, juniper berries and fennel seeds
- Purification via oral solid apples. In addition, extra fiber helps to normalize digestion and improve intestinal motility
Traditional medicine breath especially considering as a symptom. To determine the optimal treatment for the problem, you need to try to figure out the cause:
- oral examinations, the status of the teeth, gums and mucosa
- A visit to an ENT doctor. The tonsils, ear machine, some diseases of the throat and larynx are often the cause of bad smell
- A visit to a gastroenterologist and diagnosticschronic gastritis, perhaps - ulcerative lesions of the stomach and duodenum, as well as problems with the intestines, which can cause quite a strong putrid smell from the mouth
- Review chest X-ray, the search for the alleged suppurative focus - chronic abscess, diverticula of the esophagus, chronic pneumonia, bronchiectasis
- Clinical analysis of blood - can showor delimited widespread presence of inflammation in the body, however small its chronic inflammation indicators generally remain normally
- Biochemical analysis of blood - can showthe presence of liver disease, kidney and pancreas. Halitosis and occur when the functions of these organs can be cured only with the underlying disease.
To combat the anaerobic microflora, whichIt dominates the appearance of halitosis, metronidazole as part of toothpaste, or as a gel, which is added to the paste to clean the teeth, and is designed for people suffering from periodontal disease. Keep in mind that if there was a bad smell from the mouth - Metronidazole is not the drug of choice in the fight with him. This tool, which is used only on prescription. At the same time, medical studies have shown that the use of antimicrobial, antibacterial and antiprotozoal agents topically, i.e. a limited area of an organism is very limited effectiveness.