Chronic headache, or as it is otherwisecalled doctors chronic daily headache (CDH) occurs in 2-4% of people in the world, and is 5-6 times more common in women than in men. Since such patients are familiar clinicians. Gradually and imperceptibly to the complaints, a sad face, reflecting the full life dissatisfaction, unwittingly get used to, and sometimes even begin to accept this suffering as a weakness or a bad character trait. Indeed, unless it can be assumed that, without good reason, and despite a bunch of medications, someone daily headache, while none examinations and tests do not reveal the pathology? But it can! And this is the pathology is known as "chronic daily headache."
The diagnosis of chronic daily headache syndromepain (CDH) exhibits if headache at least 4 hours a day, 6 days a week, for at least 15 days per month for at least 6 months in a year.
It should immediately be said that among all syndromeschronic pain CDH diagnosed particularly difficult. Undoubtedly, originally headache wore sharp character, and has been linked to stress, migraine, drug taking and other specific reasons. Then, because of some special reasons headaches become frequent, almost daily, less intense, longer cropped usual medications. What was the impetus for such a manifestation, and which version of headache marked the beginning of CDH, sometimes identified and can not be, although this fact, as well as knowledge of the clinic, significantly facilitates the treatment of chronic headache.
In 75% of cases of CDH precedes migraine, whichthen transformed into a chronic form of migraine attacks become more frequent, the pain diminishes, it becomes two-way, virtually disappear aura and other autonomic manifestations. The reason for the transformation of a headache in the chronic form is often the abuse protivomigrenoznymi agents, lubricants clinic. Treatment of chronic pain is in this case directed to reducing the dose of medication and a complete rejection of them.
CDH is often mistaken for chronic headacheVoltage pain. In fact they are very similar, and in 15% of cases it is tension headache becomes CDH. But to equate the disease is wrong, very often the causes and factors that cause increased pain are different, and chronic headache treatment will have its own characteristics.
The remaining 10% of the clinic and treatmentchronic pain correspond to the following forms of pathology: abuznym headaches, migraines paroxysmal, persistent headache, gemikranialnoy headaches, post-traumatic headache and cervicogenic headache.
CDH has long been under scrutinyscientists studied enough and his clinic. Treatment of chronic pain in the head is based on the manifestations of the syndrome, it is very specific and different from other types of headaches.
What are the manifestations of CDH, and the difference between, for example, chronic daily headache with pain or tension migraine?
- Pain is monotonous (50%), pulsed (29%) the nature or squeezes his head like a helmet (13%).
- Headache captures the entire head, unlike migraine, having one-sided. We can only highlight some areas of more intense pain.
- The pain is moderate, unlike migraines and tension headaches, so characteristic of the treatment of chronic headache is the rejection of potent drugs.
- Pain increases with fatigue, stress,sudden movement of the head, not getting enough sleep, eating disorders, alcohol, weather changes and weakened after rest and sleep, which distinguishes it from tension headaches and taken into account in the treatment and prevention of chronic headaches.
- Chronic headache is accompanied byvegetative and emotional disorders, depression and complaints of respiratory disorders, heart and digestive disorders, which sometimes makes it difficult to diagnosis and selection of treatment.