Why is there swelling?
swelling of the legs can be caused by very differentreasons. It may be common diseases of the body: cardiovascular, kidney disease, metabolic disorders. However, in this case the swelling is not the only symptom necessarily and other manifestations of the disease. Most often, swelling of the legs - this is one of the symptoms of disorders of blood or lymph circulation in the lower extremities, the manifestation of venous insufficiency, varicose veins or lymphostasis. But often edema occur when serious vascular disorders yet, they can still be prevented. The cause of edema may be:
- big load on his feet;
- excessive fluid intake, especially before going to bed;
- the habit of sitting with legs crossed;
- prolonged sitting on low seats or too soft;
- incorrectly matched shoes;
- flat feet;
- taking certain medications (hormones, some drugs from high blood pressure);
- Another possible cause of edema - an injury (contusion, sprain)
How to deal with the swelling
As the swelling may be a symptom of various diseases when they occur is better to consult a doctor.
If the swelling is not yet a sign of a serious illness, it is necessary to observe some simple preventative measures that will reduce the swelling and to prevent the deterioration of your feet.
- Pay attention to the shoes - if your legs swell, shoes should be low-heeled, comfortable, not squeezing the leg.
- If swelling appear in hot weather, it may be worth more to reduce your intake of fluids, but most importantly - reduce the amount of salt. Salt retains water in the body and increases the thirst.
- If you have a suspicion that the edema caused by taking medication, consult your doctor. You may nominate another drug or change the dosage.
- If the swelling reason - injury, then to reduce the edema should be taken to treat the injury is a result in a reduction of edema.
But the most common cause of leg edema - adisease. A sedentary lifestyle, prolonged exposure to a standing position or in a sitting position, as well as overweight provoke the development of varicose veins. The appearance of edema can be a sign of the initial stage of this serious and very common diseases. In this case, you should take measures for the prevention of varicose veins - this exercise, and compression stockings, and medicines.
If the swelling accompanied by other unpleasantsensations (numbness, tingling, "pins and needles"), your veins are clearly in need of treatment, even if there is clear evidence of varicose veins. Today in pharmacies there are many tools to help with the swelling of the legs caused by vascular disorders, and injuries, bruises. One such tool - medical patch VAZOPLAST
Medical plaster for vein VAZOPLAST - a new drug for the treatment of vascular
If you are concerned about swelling resulting from injury, a long stay in a sitting or standing, or because of incipient varicose veins, you will help the medical patch VAZOPLAST.
The patch has analgesic, anti-inflammatory and muscle-relaxing effect, reduces swelling in the affected area, fatigue, and a feeling of heaviness in the legs.
VAZOPLAST improves blood and lymph circulation inespecially venous and lymphatic flow, improves the rheological properties of blood in the area of inflammation, reduces thrombus formation and venous stasis in the affected area.
Plaster VAZOPLAST improves vascular permeability, improves the condition of capillaries, increases the elasticity and tone of veins, venous and has angioprotective action.
Recommended use patch rates average from one to two weeks, followed by one week intervals.
For more information about the therapeutic patch VAZOPLAST on our website