The disease is incurable, but its appearance can be monitored and carried out the prevention of bleeding. Live without fear of the disease
Prevention of hemorrhage
As soon as the child is diagnosed with hemophilia, parents need to take a series of measures to prevent the occurrence of bleeding. Many of the recommendations presented below can be attributed to adult hemophilia patients.
- Choose for a small child only the necessary toys without sharp parts. If the bruises often appear when the child starts to walk, enter soft gaskets in some places.
- Tell your child, his brothers and sisters, as well as children with whom he plays, about hemophilia, as soon as they can understand it. Parents must encourage the usual development of the child and organize his communication with other children.
- Observe the vaccination calendar adopted in your region. Just remember that the injections need to be done subcutaneously, not intramuscularly, and after the procedure, it is necessary to provide pressure on the injection site for 5 minutes.
- It is strongly recommended to conduct vaccination against hepatitis B, as some drugs still contain this virus. We also advise you to instill a child from hepatitis A.
- It should be regularly brushing the teeth and attend a dentist to prevent dental destruction and gum disease. It is very important because the teeth with a negligence attitude to them can be infected, and the gums bleed. If possible, choose a dentist who knows what hemophilia is, or the one who will recommend experts from the center of hemophilia. Can be recommended toothpaste or fluid rinsing with fluorine content to prevent the development of caries (teeth disease).
- Watch out for your body. It is useful to regularly engage in active exercise. Developed musculature supports joints and reduces bleeding frequency. This is very important for people from those regions in which blood drugs are not available.
- It is preferable to swim by swimming, cycling, walking, since these types of physical activity relatively least trauma for joints, however, can be engaged in many other sports. It is necessary to eliminate contact types of sports, such as boxing and rugby, since injuries of the head and neck are likely. Consult about exercise or sports at the doctor, physiotherapist or nurses from the center of hemophilia.
When need to contact a doctor
When there is a joint pain or muscle. Do not wait when the sore spot will swollen.
Intensive bleeding, which cannot be stopped without special help, or which resumes after first aid.
When blood appears in the urine or fell.
After hitting the head or other injuries of the head, or when the reasons for prolonged headaches or nausea and vomiting are not clear.
When bleeding or tumor occurs in the neck area.
When the reasons for abdominal pain do not understand.
There are situations when it is difficult to get medical care in the clinic, however, for patients with hemophilia there are cases when it is necessary to show the patient to the doctor and provide it to the introduction of the necessary drugs. For your family, it is very important to find out in advance where you should contact and with whom to contact, if the patient of hemophilia will need special help.