Putting your fingers on the radial artery andAfter analyzing the pulse, you can find out if health is in order. “All that is needed for this is to have a watch and a sense of rhythm,” Olga Soroka, a cardiologist, is convinced. The specialist told what the pulse says.
How to measure the pulse
Correctly measure the pulse in a sitting position (inlying position, the pulse is slightly lower, while standing, higher). The classic place of measurement is the radial artery (see photo). The pulse on it is measured at a distance of the width of the thumb below the first fold of the skin of the wrist at the bone. If it’s hard to feel the pulse here, then you can easily find it on the carotid artery.
Pulse healthy person at rest is 60-80beats per minute, it is rhythmic and uniform filling. According to these indicators and will evaluate the results. To avoid distortion, do not measure heart rate immediately after a meal and alcohol, with a keen sense of hunger, after heavy physical work or strenuous mental work, after the massage, shower, bath, sex, and in the critical days.
- less than 45 - this indicates a heart block,which can cause severe weakness, chronic fatigue, and in an advanced form - the formation of blood clots in the heart. If you count such a pulse, you need to make a cardiogram and visit a cardiologist;
- 59-46 - a frequent sign of low thyroid function. Go to the endocrinologist;
- 60-80 - pulse in the normal range;
- 81-100 - this may indicate hypertension. Need to measure the pressure. If it is higher than 140/90 mm. Hg. Art., you need to visit a cardiologist;
- more than 100 - a rapid pulse frequent sign of increasing thyroid function. Mandatory visit to the endocrinologist.
If the pulse disappears for a moment - thisa sign of heart block, if in the middle of a normal rhythm non-rhythmic beats “wedge” - this indicates a cardiac arrhythmia. In both cases, you need to go to a cardiologist.
- if one beat of the pulse is strong, and the next weak or if the pulse differs in filling on the right and left hand, this can indicate a heart defect. In this case, you need to visit a cardiologist;
- if the pulse is weak (thin,filiform, barely palpable), this is a symptom of anemia or low blood pressure. Measure the pressure: if it is low, visit a cardiologist and a hematologist (blood specialist).