Putting your fingers on the radial artery andanalyzing pulse, you can find out whether the health order. "All you need to do - is to have a clock and a sense of rhythm", - Mrs. Olga Soroka cardiologist. The specialist told a pulse is talking about.
How to measure the pulse
Correctly measure pulse in a sitting (in the positionpulse position lying somewhat below the standing position - above). Classical measurement place - the radial artery (see photo.). Pulse on it is measured at a distance of the width of the thumb below the first wrist folds of skin from bone. If this probe pulse hard, then you can easily find it on the carotid artery.
Pulse healthy person at rest is 60-80beats per minute, it is rhythmic and uniform filling. According to these indicators and will evaluate the results. To avoid distortion, do not measure heart rate immediately after a meal and alcohol, with a keen sense of hunger, after heavy physical work or strenuous mental work, after the massage, shower, bath, sex, and in the critical days.
- less than 45 - it says cardiac blockade,which can cause severe weakness, chronic fatigue, and in the advanced stage - the formation of blood clots in the heart. If you do, there are a pulse, you need to do and visit cardiogram cardiologist;
- 59-46 - a frequent sign of low thyroid function. Go to the endocrinologist;
- 60-80 - pulse in the normal range;
- 81-100 - this may indicate hypertension. It is necessary to measure the pressure. If it is higher than 140/90 mm. Hg. Art., Should visit a cardiologist;
- more than 100 - a rapid pulse frequent sign of increasing thyroid function. Mandatory visit to the endocrinologist.
If the pulse in a moment disappears - itsign of heart block, if in the middle of the normal rhythm of "wedge" spasmodic strikes - it speaks of cardiac arrhythmias. In both cases, you need to go to a cardiologist.
- If one hit a strong pulse and the next pulse is weak or if the filling is different on the right and left hand, it may indicate a heart defect. In this case, you need to visit a cardiologist;
- if the pulse weak filling (thin,thready, barely detectable), a symptom of anemia or low blood pressure. Measure the pressure when it is lowered, visit a cardiologist and hematologist (blood specialist).