From tinnitus suffers every fifth citizenplanet, and almost 33% of the elderly. Tinnitus - is not a disease and disorder. Learn more about noise in the ears symptoms and possible ways of its treatment. Let's start with pulsating tinnitus.
The most common form of noise in the ears:
- The most common type of tinnitus is ringing, hissing, humming, buzzing, piercing squeaking or whistling, which only the patient can hear.
- The so-called “Subjective” tinnitus, when it seems to the patient that he is hearing tinnitus.
- A pulsating or clicking noise in the ears is an erratic but continuous noise that matches the rhythm of the heartbeat.
- Occasionally, there is also objective tinnitus, when in addition to the patient, others can hear the noise.
Causes of tinnitus
- Eardrum or disease damageinner ear. Perfect hearing is only possible if the auditory nerves are healthy, and any damage to them can lead to tinnitus or hearing impairment.
- In young people, tinnitus is the result of constant exposure to loud noise.
- Destruction of the auditory nerve usually accompanies the aging process of the body, so tinnitus often occurs in the elderly.
- Sometimes sulfuric plug in the ear canal leads to temporary tinnitus.
- Otosclerosis (ear sclerosis), hardening of the bones in the middle ear can also cause tinnitus.
- A middle ear tumor is another common cause of tinnitus.
- Allergies, low or high blood pressure, head or neck injuries, diabetes, thyroid disease can also cause tinnitus.
The symptoms of tinnitus
- The noise that no one except you can not hear.
- Most often, a ringing or an obsessive buzz is heard.
- Often noise is accompanied by bouts of weakness or temporary hearing loss.
- Pain in the ears.
- The feeling of fullness of the ear.
People suffering from tinnitus shouldrefer to the otolaryngologist - it will help you choose the right type of treatment. If the audiologist can determine the cause of disturbances, tinnitus can be cured. The exact cause of this disorder can be determined by a number of surveys, including X-ray examination, tests of balance, etc. laboratory studies.
For the treatment of tinnitus, doctors recommend to carry out the following recommendations:
- Avoid the noise.
- Measure your blood pressure regularly and try to control it.
- One of the main causes of circulatory disorders is the abuse of salt, so try to switch to unsalted food.
- Learn to relax.
- Refrain from using tobacco, tea, cola, coffee and other stimulants.
- Stop constantly thinking and worrying about the noise.
- Exercise daily to improve blood circulation.
The cure for tinnitus
- Concentration and relaxation exercises help regain control of muscles and blood circulation. These exercises help reduce tinnitus, which greatly alleviates the discomfort of patients.
- Hearing aids also ease discomfort.people suffering from tinnitus, and also improve hearing. But before installing the device, make sure that the volume level does not exceed the norm, otherwise this can only worsen the condition of the patient.
- Masking also helps reduce tinnitus,since noise seems louder in a quiet and peaceful environment, it is less noticeable in a continuous low-noise environment. Today in the pharmacy you can buy devices that make a loud continuous noise, which somewhat alleviates the discomfort of patients.
- If necessary, hearing aids can be used in combination with masking devices, which enhances the positive effect.