The value of amniotic fluid in fetal developmentIt can not be overestimated, since so baby is receiving oxygen, nutrients trace elements necessary for physiological and mental development, hormones, salts, vitamins and other substances that provide a healthy form during fetal remains.
If doctors diagnosedpathological lack of amniotic fluid, the further development of pregnancy will occur depending on what the problem is identified term. As a rule, the most dangerous period is the period of the second trimester. For example, if oligohydramnios is diagnosed in the first trimester, it will not affect the development of the embryo, and the third - the risk increases so that doctors recommend abortion or premature cesarean section. Our site will tell readers about the main features of this pathology, symptoms and treatment of water scarcity.
Dangerous consequences of water scarcity during pregnancy
Lack of amniotic fluid during gestation baby can result in extremely unpleasant complications for the mother and for the crumbs. Consider the most common consequences of polyhydramnios:
- Complications in the overall development of the embryo - malnutrition, etc. gemitsefaliya.
- fetal Hypoxia due to the acute shortage of oxygen.
- Weak labor (found in 80% of cases).
- The appearance of amniotic constrictions, t. E. Fusion of some areas of the skin.
- Protracted and difficult delivery.
- Physical inactivity fetus by reducing the space inside (entails a dislocation of the hip, the deformation of the skull bones, spine, clubfoot, etc.).
- Increased blood loss during childbirth, which complicates the post-natal period.
- Water shortage can cause premature contractions, so that the light will be dead or premature baby.
- It increases the probability of fetal death.
- High risk of cesarean delivery (found in 50% of cases).
However, one should not lose heart, and configureitself on the tragic outcome. This diagnosis does not occur very often, and in most cases, doctors diagnose abnormalities at an early stage. Also in medical practice often it happens moderate oligohydramnios that virtually no threat for the development of the baby and the mother's health. The main thing - to listen carefully to the changes in his body and immediately seek medical care.
Causes of disease
The most dangerous when a lack of amniotic fluid- Is that the physiological manifestations are virtually absent. A pregnant woman feels good, not suspecting that at this time exacerbated by a complex pathology. Only in some cases are particularly sensitive women may feel discomfort and pain symptoms at the time of fetal movements.
It is for certain to determine whether the expectant motheroligohydramnios, can only specialist. Thus, the gynecologist is able to detect a lack of amniotic fluid for the following departures:
- the child is seriously lagging behind the standards of natural development;
- stomach does not attain sufficient size commensurate with the term of pregnancy;
- the height of the uterus and the location of its bottom are not correct.
Upon detection of such manifestations, specialistcan diagnose "oligohydramnios". To confirm or refute the hypothesis, it is necessary to send a pregnant woman an ultrasound. This study makes it possible to see exactly the amount of amniotic fluid, and also to identify the general condition of the fetus and to determine the severity of the disease.
Tests and diagnosis
Before you can assign the correct gynecologisttherapy, it is necessary to diagnose exactly what was the cause of water scarcity. The extent of the lack of amniotic fluid can be determined by carrying out such tests and examinations as:
- Doppler and USBy which a specialist can reveal:
- quality and intensity of the blood circulation in the mothers uterine arteries, and in the umbilical cord, and the cerebral artery of the embryo;
- the volume of liquid accumulated in the ovum;
- to clarify the degree of deviation of the physiological development of the child from the norm.
In addition to the medical examination methods, it is extremelyit is important to interview the psychologist and the expectant mother. The more honest and sincere will of its answers, the easier it is to determine the root cause of the disease and to help the child. It is important to establish whether a pregnant abused alcohol, tobacco or allergenic products. Perhaps future new mother took drugs, and so on.
Traditional therapy for oligohydramnios
Methods of treatment of oligohydramnios during pregnancy willIt varies depending on the underlying cause of occurrence of this condition. Also, the process of therapy affects the severity of disease and the period of gestation. Only after a thorough examination and diagnosis of the causes of water scarcity the above methods, the doctor can determine the package of measures for treatment.
Treatment may be carried out in two variations: out - with a moderate development of the pathological condition, and in the hospital - if the degree of water scarcity threatens the health and life of the mother. For example, if a woman is suffering from obesity, experts appointed her a special diet that will not adversely affect the physical development of the future baby. This measure allows to restore normal functionality of the placenta.
In general, treatment is based on a comprehensivetaking vitamins and medicines that can eliminate the source of abnormal water scarcity. The main thing that the expectant mother followed his fortune, led a healthy lifestyle and to seek medical help at the first suspicion of the development of water scarcity.