Myths about Hepatitis C

Content

  • Myth №1: Hepatitis B - a disease of drug addicts
  • Myth №2: Hepatitis B can be transmitted through everyday objects, so you need to negate the contact with the patient
  • Myth №3: Hepatitis C cure
  • Myth №4: Expensive drugs are easy to cure hepatitis C
  • Myth №5: If not prescribed any medication, then the patient is doomed
  • Myth №6: The worst thing - not the changes that occur in the liver, and the level of virus in the blood
  • Myth №7: Because hepatitis C is transmitted through blood, the virus can "strangle" Blood Irradiation
  • Myth №8: The drugs do not help, it is better to be treated bioadditives

    Myths about Hepatitis CMyth №1: Hepatitis B - a disease of drug addicts

    No. The most accurate behavior does not give a 100% guarantee that you will not become infected. Randomness can trap even in the dentist's office. While addicts, of course, are at risk.

    Myth №2: Hepatitis B can be transmitted through everyday objects, so you need to negate the contact with the patient

    No. There is no danger of infection are not kissing, shaking hands, sharing dishes, clothes, even toothbrushes. The virus is transmitted through blood or by using non-sterile syringes and other sharps, or sexually. Sometimes the hepatitis C virus can be transmitted from mother to child during pregnancy and childbirth. This occurs when a pregnant woman suffers from acute illness or exacerbation of her chronic hepatitis C.

    Myth №3: Hepatitis C cure

    Not necessary. Only 80% of newly infected with hepatitis C, a chronic form, which may eventually lead to the formation of liver cirrhosis and in some cases, liver cancer. The remaining 20% ​​of the patients immune system is not yet known to science reasons destroys the virus itself. But the development of the disease is in direct relation to the proper dieting and lifestyle - which means giving up alcohol and smoking, reduced physical and psychological stress and, of course, the performance of all medical appointments - up to the periodic hospitalization. By the way, alcohol stimulates the multiplication of the hepatitis C virus and reduce the therapeutic effect of drugs in chronic hepatitis.

    Myth №4: Expensive drugs are easy to cure hepatitis C

    I would like to! But in fact, the treatment of hepatitis - a complex process. The course lasts for about one year and may be accompanied by flu-like condition, temperature and depression.

    Myth №5: If not prescribed any medication, then the patient is doomed

    No. Everything is exactly the opposite. If the patient is stable amount of virus in the blood and is not dangerous changes occur in the liver, no treatment should begin. The indication for treatment is the replication of the virus.

    №6 Myth: The worst thing - not the changes that occur in the liver, and the level of virus in the blood

    No. There are patients with high viral without liver disease and patients who have a small amount of virus, but have thus strongly affected the liver. Proper treatment can improve liver function even in the presence of the virus.

    №7 Myth: Because hepatitis C is transmitted through blood, the virus can "strangle" Blood Irradiation

    No, it is not very effective method. Blood virus only is brought to the liver, where it remains live and destroys it.

    №8 Myth: Drugs do not help, it is better to be treated bioadditives

    No. Supplements often help, but they can not be considered the primary method. They merely supplement the basic treatment.

  • Leave a reply