But also to take care of such patients is not easy, becauseat any time may come a more serious condition - myasthenic crisis, for example. What you need to know the people who have to care of their patients with myasthenia, to help in time, and possibly save a life?
When you need to ask for help
Most patients with myasthenia gravis,usually control their condition. Sometimes, however, the sudden sharp deterioration in the state, they require immediate medical attention. This happens during the so-called myasthenic crisis, when sharply increasing muscle weakness causes respiratory failure.
What could trigger a crisis
Crease can cause emotional stress,infection, surgery or accidental injury. Change of medication or dosage can also cause degradation. If the weakness increases, it may lead to a crisis, contrary to the vital functions of the organism as a whole.
The warning signs
If the person you are caring for,receive any of the following symptoms (especially if it lasts for an hour) after taking the medicine, call your doctor immediately or go to the nearest hospital, which has the emergency room:
- blurred vision;
- difficulty in breathing, chewing, swallowing;
- slurred speech;
- inability to cough;
- excessive salivation;
- twitching of muscles in the mouth and eyes;
- nausea or vomiting;
- muscle cramps;
- severe stomach cramps or diarrhea;
- severe weakness of any muscle group;
- cold, clammy skin and sweating;
- severe anxiety or anxiety;
Patients are able to myasthenic crises should be hospitalized immediately for the adoption of intensive measures to maintain respiration.
It should be, especially when preceded by Creasystrong emotion, put the patient in bed or on the couch, sofa, so that his head and shoulders were above the torso. Open the window or the window, let take any drug that lowers blood pressure, or a pill for a headache and put the tablet under the tongue validol. By doing this, constantly relax the patient, saying that soon it will pass the state that he was better looking, and so on. D. Be sure to call "ambulance" or health worker, if there is a medical center. In no case did not lead such a patient to a clinic or medical center as the road it could be worse. Prior to the arrival of "first aid" to put the patient mustard on the area of the collar (in the shoulder girdle, back to the corners of the blades, without affecting the spine) and atrial region.
What can myasthenia patients to improve their status
- Find the ratio of activity and rest, which is the best way will affect your health.
- Plans to do at a time when you have the most power. The rest often during the day.
- Avoid excessive force, stress, exposure to the sun or in the cold. All these are factors that can worsen your condition.
Learn to recognize the side effects of drugs
Side effects of medications you need to know: increased sweating, cramping stomach pains, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and excessive salivation. If you find yourself in any of these symptoms, tell your doctor.
Seek ways to compensate for changes
- Remember that myasthenia gravis is characterized by remissions and exacerbations; even in one day can change state.
- If you have double vision, close one eye bandage or wear glasses with one lens made of glass with frosty patterns.
Be an optimist
Meet the people, patients with myasthenia, who lead active and fulfilling lives. Try to learn from them most useful for themselves.