Pancreatic Cancer Symptoms
The main symptoms of pancreatic cancer:
- Pain in the upper abdomen or in the lefthypochondrium, radiating to the back and spine. In some cases the pain can be "shingles" character. When pancreatic cancer pain is dull, aching, does not react to food intake. At the beginning of the disease the pain subside when the patient is tilted forward.
- Jaundice (skin coloration and mucous membranespatient in a yellow discoloration of feces and urine cloudiness) occurs due to compression of the tumor pancreatic bile duct. Often jaundice may be the first symptom of only pancreatic cancer, and if the patient has time to see a doctor about this symptom may save his life.
- sudden weight loss,
- food intolerances,
Diagnosis of Pancreatic Cancer
Diagnosing pancreatic cancerearly stage - a difficult task for several reasons: firstly, the matter is complicated by the treatment of patients in the later stages of the disease, when it has not much you can help, and secondly, the very pancreas, because of its anatomical location, it is very difficult to study .
In the diagnosis of pancreatic cancer, the following diagnostic methods:
- Ultrasonography (US) - helpsrecognize tumor more than 80% of cases. At the same time an ultrasound in obese patients and without pretreatment intestine is very difficult and may reduce the quality of diagnosis.
- Computed tomography - one of the leading methodsdiagnosis of pancreatic cancer. Computed tomography allows to evaluate not only the location of the tumor and its size, but also the presence of metastases, "invisible" for the ultrasound.
- Puncture and biopsy of the pancreas - isDiagnostic method in which using a special probe, doctors take a sample for analysis of pancreatic tissue from the area of the proposed tumor. This method allows to determine the type of tumor, the source of its origin, the potential aggressiveness of the disease.
The causes of pancreatic cancer - genetic mutations, smoking, poor diet, chronic diseases of the pancreas.
Pancreatic cancer - it is a very aggressive tumor, successful treatment of which depends on the stage of development of the disease.
the patient's condition. The main types of surgical treatment (removal of part
pancreas or the entire body), chemotherapy (appointment
drugs that inhibit the development of tumor), radiation therapy
(Irradiation of the tumor area with X-rays to destroy cancer