- Who is affected by the emergence of the fungus toenails
- The main clinical manifestations of fungal toenails
- How to treat nail fungus feet
Diseases of the skin is quite unpleasant and veryinconvenient for their patient. And of course, it is better not get sick. But there are situations where we still have to deal with skin "troubles." One of these "guests" - the fungus toe nail, it is observed in approximately 20% of the people, and the elderly - and at 50%. But forewarned - he did not get sick! Or at least will understand exactly what to do if the fungus does occur.
Fungal disease - onychomycosis - strikesnail plate, forming thereon various spots, stripes, which are of different colors depending on the kind of fungus had settled under the nail. It occurs both independently and as a result of foot fungus. If you do not engage in treatment, the fungus toe nail to the base of the nail ruin, turning to the rest of the toes and hands. Protracted neglect of fungus can cause allergies and gradually deteriorating immune system, lead to an aggravation of chronic diseases. There are types of fungi:
- Yeast (nail becomes yellow);
- dermatophyte (nail in the longitudinal yellow stripes on the sides or in the center);
- musty (not formed independently, and as a complication of the underlying disease, not taking root in the nail plate, the nail can be blue, green, black, yellow, brown).
Who is affected by the emergence of the fungus toenails
Nail fungus affects both men and women. Less commonly it appears in children - due to the rapid growth of the nail plate, as the disease develops slowly. Favorable flora for its appearance is to change the leg skin environment. Normally it must be acid-base. When an excess of sweat on the feet, not personal hygiene acidic environment is neutralized and the protective reaction of the skin is reduced. This is the signal for the invasion of various infections, including fungal. Fungus loves moisture and darkness that provides a great stop, sweating and constantly chained to the shoes.
The disease develops starting with the edge of the nail,then gradually captures the entire plate, eventually passing on the other fingers. The complexity of the toe nail fungus treatment depends on the depth of its penetration under the nail. The main risk group and the factors that trigger the development of the fungus:
- workers of specific professions: chemists, metallurgists, miners, forestry officials, etc .;
- military personnel (soldiers mostly);
- toe and finger injuries;
- low-income strata of the population;
- people suffering from mental disorders;
- a group of people with low immunity (with chronic diseases such as diabetes, cancer, AIDS, vitamin deficiencies, endocrine and gastrointestinal disorders, and so on.);
- long-term use of antibiotics causes bacteria overgrowth and the occurrence of nail fungus;
- patients who have vascular problems of the legs, affecting the trophism of the lower extremities;
- flat feet;
- correctly matched narrow and uncomfortable shoes; The dried bad shoes, wet insoles;
- false toenails.
Domestic way through the shoes, personal items, public places (beaches, gyms, swimming pools, baths, etc.). You can catch a fungal infection from direct support.
The main clinical manifestations of fungal toenails
Symptoms of nail fungus on the feet are very characteristic,but manifestations yet highly individual and depend on the type of bacteria. Common symptoms may occur with varying intensity, some of them may either be general. Here are common manifestations of mycosis (fungus) nails:
- an unpleasant odor;
- change the color and thickness of the nail;
- the gradual deformation, breakage and separation of the nail plate;
- inflammation of periungual roller (swelling, redness, pain);
- Peel the nail platinum;
- the loss of the nail.
How to treat nail fungus feet
To assign the correct treatment of nail funguslegs should follow the doctor's recommendations. The sooner you find fungal nail infections, the more effective the treatment will be. Many self-variants can be found on the Internet - perhaps they will save you from the disease, but the most reliable solution is to consult a dermatologist or a mycologist, who will find out by making a scraping from the affected area, what kind of fungus attacking your nail. And on the basis of these results and the degree of severity of the disease your doctor will prescribe the appropriate medication. We must prepare for the fact that fast to get rid of nail fungus will not work and the healing process will be long. Treat yourself healthy is possible only after the full restoration of the nail and negative analysis on a fungus. In the future, should observe the recommended prevention measures.